Electrical Engineer - CMTA
CMTA, 1100 Sycamore Street, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
Friday, September 15, 2023
CMTA, a Legence company
CMTA is one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the U.S. with nationally recognized expertise in sustainable, high performance building engineering. We are a collaborative, competitive, innovative, and energetic group of engineers and team leaders who incorporate a holistic approach towards consulting engineering, performance contracting, and zero energy projects. We focus on finding engineers whose personalities lead them to excellence, and we provide exceptional opportunities for our employees.
This position will work with a team of engineers to design energy efficient buildings for various clients of CMTA. Our ideal candidate is typically a self-motivated individual who thrives on helping clients and has a technical background. We hope they will be involved in all phases of the project.
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience with Revit/AutoCAD
- Experience in MEP Design
The position is responsible for designing the electrical systems, power distribution, lighting and lighting controls, emergency power, UPS, and renewable energy systems, for the purpose of bidding and construction for various projects. Additional duties of the position are as follows:
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated response
- Attends meetings with owners, clients, or architects as needed
- Review contractor submittals (shop drawings, etc.) to determine conformance with contract documents.
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks
- Confer with other engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Research and analyze customer design proposals specification, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Research, design, and evaluate mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, apply knowledge of engineering principles
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs
- Power Distribution
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Contingent Employment Statement
Offers of employment for this role may be contingent upon successfully passing a background check and/or drug screen. Execution of screens will vary based on role requirements and Company policy. All background checks and drug screens will be done in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
Reasonable AccommodationsIf you require assistance applying online, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Any third-party recruiting agreements for Legence and its affiliate companies may only be executed by Legence Holdings LLC’s CHRO or Director of Talent Acquisition, without exception. All others are done without proper authorization and will not be honored. We will not be responsible for any fees under any third-party recruiting agreement not executed by said authority.