Senior Project Development Engineer (Federal) - Energy Solutions - CMTA
CMTA, a Legence company, is looking for a senior project development engineer in the federal market to help in our Energy Solutions office. The Energy Solutions division of CMTA is the fastest growing division of our large and growing company. The successful candidate is typically a self-motivated individual that thrives on helping clients and has a strong technical background. Although this position is for the performance contracting division of our company, we have found that engineers with strong backgrounds in HVAC design and commissioning can easily make the transition to become an energy engineer within our Energy Solutions group.
Below are some of the duties that this position includes:
- Introduce and explain performance contracting to potential clients.
- Articulate how and why CMTA is unique in our approach to performance contracting.
- Lead the development phase including site visits, audits, energy calculations, etc.
- Direct the engineering design team producing drawings and specifications.
- Direct the bidding process.
- Develop the final contract with the client.
- Work with construction manager to ensure smooth construction period for the client.
- Direct the commissioning process.
- Be involved during warranty phase as required.
- Work with our M&V professional to develop the first year M&V report.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with an Energy Services company OR a consulting engineering/commissioning firm in the federal market.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar discipline.
Desired Skills/Experience Related to the Federal Market:
- Familiarity with the DOE and/or Army Corps of Engineers IDIQ contract requirements
- Meeting cyber security requirements by DOD and other federal agencies
- Knowledge and understanding of the Unified Facility Guide criteria (UFGC) and Specifications (UFGS) for DoD
- Knowledge of building Utility Management and Control Systems (UMCS) and their operation
- Experience with building simulation and bin spreadsheet modeling of ECMs and calibrating analysis to the utility baseline
- Familiarity with building energy systems including HVAC, building automation systems, lighting, building envelope, and domestic water systems
- Microgrid and energy security
- Central steam plants
- Engineering Design
- HVAC Design
- Measurement and Verification
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- CMTA, 1407 Washington Avenue, Golden, Colorado, United States of America