Service Sales Account Manager - Gilbert Mechanical
Gilbert Mechanical’s Service department is in need of a Service Sales Account Manager! Do you have experience compiling, organizing and delivering field generated job quotes? Do you have experience building relationships with clients and facilities managers to develop a project? If so, we need you! This position requires enthusiasm, a positive attitude, and attention to detail as you are a reflection of the company.
- Computer and Software skills capable of generating timely customer quotes. Aptitude to position benefits to clients and potential clients
- Prepare quotes by compiling, organizing and delivery of field generated job quotes.
- Preparing material estimates and cost estimates for products or service.
- Scheduling manpower
- Know the Customer and understand market forces to effectively assist in selling quoted jobs and
- Price escalation as applicable.
- Must have extensive skills in, routine maintenance procedures of Plumbing, HVAC and Refrigeration systems
- Build and maintain positive working relations with field, office, and management.
- Resolve customer issues and take advantage of opportunities to maximize profits.
- Create material/labor estimates for projects.
- Ability to maintain an active backlog of proposals and appointments to assure booking goal is consistently met.
- Resolve problems and exploit opportunities and maximize profits.
- Monitor field paperwork for accuracy
- Customer Service: work with the assigned sales person at each of their accounts to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with dispatch/sales to contact and defuse customer complaints.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control: (QA/QC)- The QA/QC program should comply with but not be limited to a minimum standard as set forth by industry regulatory agencies such as ASHRAE, ASME, and MCA.
- Time management
- Able to plan and efficiently schedule appointments and manage personal time to assure goals are met.
- Build rapport and productive working relationships with customers, technicians, and other outside agents.
- Survey and Pricing: - Prepare (cost estimates in instances of jobs according to labor and material requirements using company pricing policies, with guidance of higher level management.
- Account Expansion: -Recommend changes in heating, cooling, and general refrigeration equipment, maintenance and its usage. With guidance from higher level management.
- Documentation & Company Compliance-In a timely fashion, prepare complete clear and concise reports, proposals booking packets, and other required company paperwork; maintain written supportive information relative to delays, changes, special conditions and schedules. Update job knowledge by participating in and identifying for direct reports educational opportunities. Reading and relaying the content of professional publications, maintaining personal networks, as well as occasionally participating in professional organizations.
- Special Projects/Assignments-Provide support for any special projects or assignments, assigned by your manager. These projects may or may not become part of this positions primary responsibility.
- Maintain an active backlog of quotes to assure (sales) booking goal is consistently met.
- Be able to recognize project opportunities and pass leads to Design/Build Department.
- Manage bids and proposals from customers and vendors.
- Use bid data to prepare a detailed cost analysis.
- Interact with the sales and project management teams to ensure all projects are performed under budget and according to plans and specifications
- Organized - Sense of urgency with ability to set priorities and build action plans to drive timely execution. Thorough, methodical and result-oriented with great attention to detail. Able to combine the predictability of standard operating procedures with the flexibility of continuous process improvement.
- Problem-Solving- Able to identify patterns beyond noise or incomplete information by demonstrating a willingness to engage by asking questions. Attention to detail, able to segregate beliefs and assumptions from facts. Demonstrate strong judgment to turn information into insights, practical solutions and decision-ready recommendations.
- Agile - Hands-on with ability to shift back and forth from self-reliance and personal accountability to cross-group collaboration while making others successful along the way. Capable of operating in a multi-site and matrixed environment. Adaptable and willing to adjust style to audience, learn and grow with the company.
- Construction and service – Knowledge of construction methods as they relate to service.
- Design – Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles related to service.
- Public Safety and Security – Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state and company operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers – Knowledge of computer software, including applications.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the construction process.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- A versatile individual with experience in all aspects of the HVAC/mechanical industry.
- An individual with the ability to build strong, longstanding relationships with customers.
- The ability to successfully manage projects to a predetermined profit margin and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor degree in Business or a minimum of 3 years in the industry, estimating, installing, sales, project managing or designing HVAC systems.
Sponsorship is unavailable for this position. Remote option unavailable.
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
EEO is the Law
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Gilbert, 5251 West 74th St., Edina, Minnesota, United States of America