Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting - Legence
Location: Dallas, TX, Houston, TX
Position Description Summary
The Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting works closely with the team to address relevant technical accounting matters including revenue recognition, lease accounting, mergers and acquisition accounting, adoption of new accounting standards, support of accounting operations in the application of U.S. GAAP, and maintenance of company-wide accounting policies.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Serve as US GAAP resource, including preparation/review of technical accounting memos and analysis.
- Provide corporate oversight of company-wide revenue recognition, including reviews of customer contracts in accordance with ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Provide guidance on appropriate treatment for lease accounting, including lease modifications and terminations. Manage and maintain lease accounting and reporting.
- Monitor major corporate events, including significant contracts, mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity offerings, derivative financial instruments, and stock-based compensation plans. Research, analyze, and document accounting and reporting implications and assist with related complex accounting journal entries, reconciliations, and disclosures.
- Oversee technical accounting related to M&A activities, including purchase accounting and accounting policy alignment considerations. Prepare technical revenue policies for the integration of new acquisitions.
- Oversee accounting of equity-related transactions and stock-based compensation plans, including the valuation, forecasting, recording, and reporting of stock-based compensation expense and related tax impact.
- Analyze new accounting guidance from the FASB, SEC and other regulatory bodies, including evaluating the impact of new guidance on the Company’s financial statements. Implement and educate divisions of necessary changes, and ensure proper disclosure.
- Prepare, update, and monitor adherence to accounting policies
- Coordinate with external auditors regarding technical accounting and financial reporting related deliverables.
- Assist with special projects and perform various other tasks and ad hoc analysis, as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Operates at the highest standards of business ethics, honesty, personal integrity, and professionalism.
- Strong attention to detail, rigorous and methodical
- Self-starter with a positive attitude that takes initiative and drives results.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication. Ability to translate complex issues into simple and easy to understand terms.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work remotely and effectively in a distributed matrix organization.
- Travel and in-office collaboration several times a year.
- Adaptable to change and ability to pivot priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Critical thinking skills to solve problems and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of computer financial and ERP packages.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- 6+ years of progressive experience in accounting with demonstrated technical accounting skills.
- Big 4 experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- Experience in external financial reporting, including extensive knowledge of GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
- Experience in technical accounting research and documentation.
We are unable to provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
To all recruitment agencies
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Houston, TX, USA
- Texas, USA