Project Associate - Fitwel - RE Tech Advisors
RE Tech Advisors is a growing, woman-led consulting firm of over 125 ESG professionals. We deliver results at the intersection of engineering, technology, and sustainability. RE Tech has a progressive and ambitious client base that includes numerous commercial real estate portfolios, private equity investors, federal agencies, industry associations, and manufacturing companies. By joining the RE Tech Advisors team, you will work closely with recognized industry leaders who are driving national and global sustainability initiatives providing you the opportunity to realize your own professional growth objectives in the ESG arena.
The ideal Project Associate at RE Tech Advisors understands the exceptional quality of services delivered to our clients and harbors a deep-rooted passion for sustainability and health and wellness within the commercial real estate sector. This role demands a detail-focused and analytical mindset dedicated to assisting the Project Manager in various facets of health and wellness certifications including policy writing, technical calculations, analyzing building drawings for strategy compliance, and compiling clear, concise documentation.
As an organized professional, the candidate thrives in dynamic environments, skillfully adapting to shifting priorities while efficiently juggling multiple tasks. The ideal candidate embodies the spirit of teamwork, actively supporting the Project Manager and fellow team members. This role is suited for a proactive self-starter, capable of autonomously advancing tasks with minimal supervision yet receptive to guidance from the Project Manager. A high level of respect, honesty, and commitment to quality, coupled with an unwavering adherence to deadlines, are essential traits for this position.
This role is based in our McLean, VA, or Dallas, TX, offices with consideration for well-qualified remote candidates. Embracing a hybrid work model, RE Tech offers flexible scheduling options, allowing for a balanced mix of in-office and remote working arrangements.
Essential Job Functions / Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare Gap Analyses to determine the probability and cost of achieving health and wellness certifications such as Fitwel.
- Determine most appropriate rating system/scorecard to use based on client needs and unique property characteristics
- Develop/update policies related to green purchasing, pest control, food and beverage, indoor air quality, etc.
- Assess project site to determine proximity to health and wellness amenities
- Review construction drawings to determine compliance with health and wellness strategies related to building access, stairwell design, outdoor spaces, workspaces, shared spaces, and water supplies.
- Calculate access to daylight, views of nature, showers, bike storage, etc. to determine Fitwel Compliance.
- Administer transportation and occupant comfort surveys
- Recommend strategies to improve occupant health and wellbeing
- Complete documentation including policies, statements, annotated photos/plans related to green building certifications such as Fitwel
- Collaborate with team members on cross functional projects
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Passion for sustainability and health and wellness
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or other related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented and analytically inclined
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects, change priorities, and keep up with a continually heavy workload
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Periodic travel is required for the role. Travel may include travel to RE Tech offices, if remote, or between RE Tech offices (Fairfax, VA and Dallas, Texas) for meetings (estimate of four times per year) and for Legence and/or client business needs.
As a federal government contractor, per requirements specified by Executive Order 14042, RE Tech must follow the federal COVID-19 vaccine requirements. RE Tech enforcement of the vaccine requirement is on hold, as federal agencies are not currently enforcing the mandate. RE Tech may resume a vaccine mandate pending the release of updated COVID-19 safety protocols from the US Office of Management and Budget. https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/contractors/
In compliance with Federal law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 22.1800, the selected candidate must provide documentation verifying their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Maternity and parental leave
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- Volunteer time off
- Flexible/hybrid work schedule
- Annual professional development fund
- Voting leave
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term and short-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
- One-time home office bonus
- Snacks, coffee and Bevi drink machine
- Regular social activities
- Free on-site parking
- Free on-site gym (Tysons Corner, Virginia office)
- Dog friendly office (Dallas, Texas office)
- Metro accessible office (Tysons Corner, Virginia office, Silver Line)
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Any third-party recruiting agreements for Legence and its affiliate companies may only be executed by Legence Holdings LLC’s CHRO or Director of Talent Acquisition, without exception. All others are done without proper authorization and will not be honored. We will not be responsible for any fees under any third-party recruiting agreement not executed by said authority.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- Pay Type Salary
- Dallas, TX, USA
- McLean, VA, USA
- RE Tech, 10807 Northwest Highway, Dallas, Texas, United States of America
- RE Tech, 1676 International Drive, McLean, Virginia, United States of America