Electrical EIT - CMTA Midwest
CMTA MW, 1331 Tyler Street NE, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America ● Minneapolis, MN, USA
Friday, November 17, 2023
CMTA, a Legence company
CMTA is one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the U.S. with nationally recognized expertise in sustainable, high performance building engineering. We are a collaborative, competitive, innovative, and energetic group of engineers and team leaders who incorporate a holistic approach towards consulting engineering, performance contracting, and zero energy projects. We focus on finding engineers whose personalities lead them to excellence, and we provide exceptional opportunities for our employees.
This Electrical EIT will perform routine engineering assignments under supervision from a knowledgeable mentor in the field. This position will be responsible for communication with clients, engineering design elements, and manage sections of a project based on extend of knowledge with final approval from manager on majority of responsibilities. This position will collaborate with other engineers to ensure projects move forward smoothly while gaining knowledge and experience in the electrical department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Correctly engineer power, lighting, communications, and life safety for assigned projects.
- Occasionally required presence at onsite visits with construction administration.
- Effectively answer questions, stay on schedule, and follow a budget to ensure a project is completed successfully.
- Professionally interact with designers, technicians, construction administration, and clients as needed.
- Efficiently develop and maintain a balance and schedule between all projects and deadlines.
- Seek mentorship and support to guarantee successful design and project completion.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- EIT is required or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Working towards P.E. licensure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully on a team and listen carefully.
- Desire to produce quality work and grow professionally in the engineering field.
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and build a trusting relationship with clients and owners.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours as project schedules and deadlines require.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit preferred.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within role.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Contingent Employment Statement
Offers of employment for this role may be contingent upon successfully passing a background check and/or drug screen. Execution of screens will vary based on role requirements and Company policy. All background checks and drug screens will be done in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
Reasonable AccommodationsIf you require assistance applying online, email email@example.com. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Any third-party recruiting agreements for Legence and its affiliate companies may only be executed by Legence Holdings LLC’s CHRO or Director of Talent Acquisition, without exception. All others are done without proper authorization and will not be honored. We will not be responsible for any fees under any third-party recruiting agreement not executed by said authority.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Legence and its affiliate companies will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)