Senior Manager, Public Sector - RE Tech Advisors
RE Tech Advisors is a growing, woman-led consulting firm of over 125 ESG professionals. We deliver results at the intersection of engineering, technology, and sustainability. RE Tech has a progressive and ambitious client base that includes numerous commercial real estate portfolios, private equity investors, federal agencies, industry associations, and manufacturing companies. By joining the RE Tech Advisors team, you will work closely with recognized industry leaders who are driving national and global sustainability initiatives providing you the opportunity to realize your own professional growth objectives in the ESG arena.
RE Tech Advisors is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and passionate Senior Manager, Public Sector Programs to bring their knowledge and experience in design and execution of decarbonization programs in the public sector. This position will report to and work under the direction of our Director of Climate Partnership Programs and manage multiple programs including state and local government decarbonization programs in addition to providing subject matter expertise to Federal and regional market-based programs, including the Department of Energy’s Better Buildings Program and the Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR for Commercial Buildings Program. The Senior Manager will excel in managing teams, both in a project and supervisory capacity. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing firm working to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon future.
This position is based out of our office in Tysons Corner, Virginia (13 miles west of Washington, D.C.) We may consider a remote position for a highly qualified candidate with experience working remotely on a consistent basis. After a successful onboarding period, the position is open to a hybrid work model that include a mix of in office and work from home, and open to flex work scheduling.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee the design and execution and lead day-to-day program management of multiple public sector decarbonization programs collaboratively across practice area teams.
- Ensure the successful completion of all work product under your management, ensuring work is delivered on time, on budget, within scope, factually accurate, and meets client expectations. Assist your managers in these responsibilities as they progress and in troubleshooting and address issues on these KPIs, escalating to the Director, Climate Partnership Programs as needed.
- Work with the Director, Climate Partnership Programs on capacity, staff planning, sequencing, and prioritization of client work within your team.
- Ensure your team is operating efficiently by implementing process improvements established by Climate Partnership Programs team, including processes, tools, software, practices, and replicable work that can be standardized to scale delivery. Identify the need for process improvements to the Director, Climate Partnerships and support development of improvements when tasked.
- Properly set up and close out all client work under your management, with completion of After-Action Reviews (or periodic reviews), and address findings as appropriate, sharing with the Director, Climate Partnerships.
- Create program budgets, monthly staffing allocations, and oversee budget tracking for your client programs, with oversight and input from the Director, Climate Partnerships. Train and oversee your Managers on day-to-day budget management responsibilities, progressing in training them on budget and allocation creation.
- Manage your team’s development, career progression, performance management, and engagement.
- Ensure your team is properly resourced and staffed. Work with the Director, Climate Partnerships, to inform of potential staffing needs and resource allocation issues. Participate in the Talent Acquisition process, as directed by the Director, Climate Partnerships. Progress to a Hiring Manager role.
- Contribute to business development efforts, with oversight from your Director, Climate Partnerships and in coordination with, VP of Growth, the VP of Client Success
- Deliver appropriate trainings, exposure, and experience within your team. Ensure that existing, new staff, and managers within your team are trained as appropriate for their role on team offerings, services, and processes, as well as any changes or additions therein.
- Properly and accurately track all of your time worked and expenses in on time and expense keeping system.
- Know and follow company processes, ensuring your team does as well.
- Perform all other duties as needed and assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with strategies for effectively advancing decarbonization strategies in the public sector. Understanding of financing mechanism and approaches a plus.
- Possess a growth mindset seeking continuous improvement and supporting a culture of learning, growing, and improving as an individual, our team members, our business, and our client work.
- Ability to foster inclusive and creative collaboration internally and externally to co-create successful outcomes.
- Ability to lead client engagements.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities, with the ability to diagnose client needs and market context to translate into compelling climate programs that drive value.
- Strong attention to detail in your work and work produced by your team.
- Business acumen and knowledge of staff development, planning, resource allocation, and tracking against financial KPIs.
- Possess sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing landscape and client needs, handle multiple time-sensitive priorities, excel in a fast-paced environment, and ability to pivot and adjust priorities and approaches.
- Ability to expertly manage up, down, and across the organization, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude. Ability to manage challenging interpersonal situations, including employee and client relationships.
- Exceptional written communication skills with a propensity to write in a clear, concise manner to convey points effectively, creatively, and with the appropriate tone and professionalism.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to effectively interact with and build confidence with internal and external contacts. High degree of initiative, proactiveness, drive, enthusiasm, energy, and follow through.
- Advanced knowledge with online collaboration and file sharing tools, such as SharePoint and the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
- Familiar with U.S. EPA ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- At least five years of experience in a manager role, developing and managing successful energy efficiency and/or decarbonization programs for the public sector.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, building and implementing complex decarbonization programs.
- Experience developing and managing multiple time-based budgets, both as time and materials, as well as fixed price, balancing resources, timing, and quality of outcomes. Experience with resource and capacity planning.
- Experience managing people and teams, including some aspects of performance management, talent development, and hiring.
- Experience in a client facing consulting role, delivering professional services, and building relationships across clients and internal teams.
- Experience working with or for a government agency and/or public sector consulting in a sustainability focused role.
- Engineering background a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Periodic travel is required for the role. Travel may include travel to RE Tech offices, if remote, or between RE Tech offices (Tysons Corner, VA and Dallas, Texas) for meetings (estimate of four times per year), as well as for Legence and/or client business needs.
In compliance with Federal law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 22.1800, the selected candidate will be required to provide documentation that will verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
No sponsorship available for this position.
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Maternity and parental leave
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- Volunteer time off
- Flexible/hybrid work schedule
- Annual professional development fund
- Voting leave
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term and short-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
- One-time home office bonus
- Snacks, coffee and Bevi drink machine
- Regular social activities
- Free on-site parking
- Free on-site gym (Tysons Corner, Virginia office)
- Dog friendly office (Dallas, Texas office)
- Metro accessible office (Tysons Corner, Virginia office, Silver Line)
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Any third-party recruiting agreements for Legence and its affiliate companies may only be executed by Legence Holdings LLC’s CHRO or Director of Talent Acquisition, without exception. All others are done without proper authorization and will not be honored. We will not be responsible for any fees under any third-party recruiting agreement not executed by said authority.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- Pay Type Salary
- RE Tech, 10807 Northwest Highway, Dallas, Texas, United States of America
- RE Tech, 1676 International Drive, McLean, Virginia, United States of America