Are you interested in gaining hands-on experience in the field of Immunology?
If so, we are excited to offer an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to gain hands-on experience in our cutting-edge immunology research program. As an intern in our program, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of experienced researchers, learn laboratory techniques, and contribute to ongoing research projects in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Conduct laboratory experiments and assays under the guidance of senior scientists
- Assist with data collection, analysis, and interpretation
- Participate in scientific meetings and present findings to the team
- Maintain laboratory equipment and supplies
- Follow laboratory safety protocols and maintain a safe working environment
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in a relevant field (e.g., biology, immunology, biochemistry)
- Strong academic record with a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Previous laboratory experience is preferred but not required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in immunology research
- Hands-on experience in a world-class immunology research institute
- Mentorship from experienced researchers
- Opportunities for professional development and networking
- Opportunity to contribute to ongoing research projects and make a meaningful impact in the field of immunology
- You must be at least 16 years of age on or before beginning your internship *
- Successfully completed at least one year each of college level chemistry and biology courses
- Able to commit to 20-40 hours/week for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide your own transportation **
How to Apply:
Please refer to our Lab Directory to see if there are any labs that align with your research interests. If so, please reference the specific lab(s) you are interested in in your cover letter.
Interested candidates, please submit your cover letter, resume and school transcript in a single document to be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you and helping you achieve your research and career goals in the field of Immunology.
Please note that this is a continuous posting. Applicants will be given to labs at their request, based on the lab need.
* If you are under 18 years of age, and want to intern with us, you’ll need to get a work permit from your school. Check with your school counseling office for more information on how to obtain a work permit BEFORE you start your internship.
** Public transit stipends are available for students that are unable to secure reliable transportation to and from the Institute.
With over 30 different countries represented, diversity is respected and celebrated at LJI. We are committed to ensuring a safe and compassionate environment that is equal, just, and fair. Science and discovery benefit from a diversity of talents, a diversity of approaches, and a diversity of perspectives. The La Jolla Institute’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative is designed to help us identify areas at the Institute that need improvement so we can together create an environment that is inclusive, provides equal opportunities, and opens doors that propel our research for human health.
La Jolla Institute is committed to compensation that is externally competitive and internally equitable. We validate this commitment by conducting regular market analyses to remain competitive with organizations of similar size in the nonprofit, independent research sector. Compensation decisions consider a variety of factors including experience, education, unique skill sets, organizational need, and internal equity.
- Job Function RT
- Pay Type Salary
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA