Senior Project Accountant
New York, NY, USA
Wednesday, December 27, 2023
At L+M Development Partners, working together to build stronger communities is our mission. Our double bottom line philosophy means that we measure success not only in financial returns but also by the positive impacts we make in the communities we serve.
Founded in 1984, L+M is a full-service real estate development firm which develops, invests, constructs and manages properties with industry-leading innovation. Ranked in the Top 25 on Affordable Housing Finance’s Top 50 Developers list nationally, L+M and its affiliate companies are responsible for over $10 billion in development and investment and have acquired, built, or preserved nearly 40,000 high-quality residential units in a variety of urban markets nationwide, primarily in New York’s tristate area.
Please visit our website for more information: http://lmdevpartners.com. To learn more about our mission and values, go to https://lmdevpartners.com/our-mission-values/.
LMXD Development and L&M Fund Management, affiliates of L+M Development Partners (LMDP), an established residential developer, has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Project Accountant. The successful candidate will be expected to be an experienced, hands-on project accountant with the skills to grow into a management position. The Senior Project Accountant will need excellent analytical skills and will have an in-depth knowledge of project accounting as well as have strong general accounting skills. The Senior Project Accountant will manage, from the accounting side, both ground up development projects and acquisition/rehabilitation projects throughout the US.
Areas of Responsibilities of management and general accounting:
- Day-to-day project accounting, including:
- Prepare monthly equity and loan draw packages (AIA billings) for bank requisitions
- Establish cost commitment protocols for all development contracts, as well as monitor commitments and exposure throughout Project’s lifespan
- Record and monitor accounting activities, including, but not limited to, A/P, A/R, revenues, vendor payments and adjusting entries
- Process vendor payments against cost commitments and interface with internal business teams to accurately charge and code invoices to proper General Ledger accounts.
- Interface with construction accounting team, in-house insurance group, and vendors to answer questions and resolve any discrepancies and / or issues
- Assist auditors with annual audit and tax processes
- General ledger review and reconciliation
- Suggest improvements to and provide support for overall accounting procedures
- Ensure accuracy, consistency, and timeliness of all financial reporting, including the review and consolidation of end of period/interim financial statements
- Sage Intacct, Timberscan, and Sage 300/Timberline experience preferred.
- Ability to use Yardi Investment Accounting and Investment Manager software systems.
- Proficiency in all MS Office programs including Excel.
- Experience with partnership accounting and partnership agreements as well as waterfall calculations preferred
- Familiarity with LIHTC, HUD, and NMTC preferred
- Proficiency with investment accounting, including processes, controls, and systems
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving / judgment skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Professional individual with ability to perform independently as well as part of a team
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to embrace complexity and thrive on new challenges
Education and Professional Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Accounting.
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- Minimum 5 years related experience
L+M offers competitive compensation and benefits and tremendous potential with a growing residential real estate developer/builder organization.
L+M is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Min Hiring Rate
Max Hiring Rate