What’s in it for you!
• Medical + Dental + Vision Insurance
• 401(K) Plan with match and immediate vesting
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Basic Life and AD&D/Long Term Disability
• Vacation + Sick Pay
• Bonus Compensation for eligible positions
• Casual Friday’s
• Bring your dog to work Friday’s
• Discounts of El Pollo Loco food
• Discounts on theme parks, movie tickets, sports, hotels and more.
• Employee referral bonus program
Manages products within assigned categories; negotiates terms and conditions for the purchase of approved products for the El Pollo Loco system commensurate with market conditions and competitive costs. Ensures continuous and uninterrupted supply of base menu products and promotional products which includes capacity and supply planning, inventory control, and monitoring. Maintains overall business relationship with suppliers for assigned categories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiates and contracts with approved and potential suppliers. Maintains key business partner relationships.
- Develops and executes purchasing strategies that maximize opportunities to leverage spend, improve quality, reduce cost, and minimize commodity and supply risk.
- Develops annual cost plan for managed products and new forecasts throughout the year.
- Tracks and analyzes commodity markets for cost saving or cost avoidance opportunities within assigned product categories. Develops plans of execution for those opportunities and makes recommendations to management.
- Researches, identifies, and develops potential new supplier relationships for items within assigned product categories and manage the approval process.
- Evaluates and coordinates product consolidation.
- Coordinates the implementation of products with distribution.
- Works closely with Marketing and R&D to critically review promotional forecasts; with suppliers and distributors to plan production and shipping timing to ensure all necessary products are available for launch and sustained sales for marketing promotions; and Operations to understand their on-going needs and challenges, providing clear and timely communication regarding changes, updates, and any other relevant information.
- Develops and executes robust contingency plans to mitigate product outages or obsolescence.
- Leads business performance reviews with suppliers for assigned categories.
- Other activities, duties or responsibilities that are assigned by your supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The requirements listed below are representative of the education and/or experience required.
Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Finance, Supply Chain or Agricultural Economics; 2+ years purchasing experience required, preferably in a restaurant chain concept; and candidate must have experience in managing commodities with familiarity in contracting commodities.
Certified Purchasing Manager Certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven experience in procurement.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of procurement software and systems.
- Familiarity with industry-specific regulations and standards, a plus.
- Confidence in execution of strategic initiatives.
- Must be decisive and able to make fact-based decisions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset and skills; meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and plan work assignments and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines.
- High level of proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office Suite applications, Adobe Acrobat, customized database applications, and internet research tools.
- Adept at managing and prioritizing competing time sensitive requests while working well in a team atmosphere that may be under pressure.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment on matters of significance to the company.
Company & Culture
For over 35 years El Pollo Loco continues to dominate the market in delivering the best citrus-marinated fire-grilled chicken. We opened our first restaurant in 1980 in Los Angeles, and today we are over 450 restaurants strong and still growing! From our products to our people, we’re truly amazing!
The pay range identified is the hourly or salary rate El Pollo Loco expects to pay for the posted position. This range does not include any benefits or bonus opportunities that might be available for the position based on position and eligibility criteria. Individual pay will vary based on a variety of factors including years of experience, industry experience, education, geography, etc.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $85,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $105,000.00