Applications Engineer III
Lynden is a family-owned transportation and logistics company that allows our customers to balance speed and budget by shipping via air, land or sea. As the parent company with 175 employees, we support 15 operating companies with over 2,500 employees. Having not had a layoff in 40+ years, we offer you job stability in a career that will be an adventure!
Lynden Incorporated is seeking an Application Engineer/Business Systems Analyst, Sr. to work as part of our SeaTac based team. This role’s first major project will be to be part of a team responsible for replacing the legacy enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform with Workday and will work closely with our finance and accounting stakeholders. This position requires a senior resource with recent Workday Finance and Accounting implementation experience.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise to:
- Act as a domain expert for the implementation of our new financial system which supports financial management, procurement, banking & settlement, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Lead the implementation and use of the system by gathering business requirements, providing conceptual and detail designs to meet business needs, manage configurations, testing, support the rollout of the solution, define change management, and go live support processes.
- Function as a project manager leading project team member to determine, document, and communicate supporting project plans, work estimates, and task prioritization.
- Work closely with end users to understand processes, goals, and gaps. Provide guidance, recommendations, and propose appropriate solutions.
- Provide training, support, coaching, technical and domain expertise to all system users through various channels.
- Fill a senior role providing all aspects of support for 3rd party software systems, ranging from Financial to HRIS.
- Work closely with various teams to develop and maintain the necessary configuration of 3rd party software systems.
- Lead major upgrades or installations of 3rd party software systems, coordinating the various parties involved.
- Work directly with the Help Desk in coordinating and prioritizing reported issues.
- Troubleshoot issues through discussion with end-users, and IT personnel.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, Computer Science, Business Management, or other related field/discipline from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of six years BSA or Applications Engineer experience required.
- Deep knowledge of financial and accounting workflows (AP, AR, collections, billing/invoicing)
What would be nice for you to have:
- Experience with SQL and relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server DB
- Experience with Workday Finance. Knowledge of other systems such as Oracle EBS, Microsoft Dynamics Finance, or SAP S/4 HANA.
- Integration architecture and tools such as SFTP, XML, or PGP encryption
- Microsoft Power Automate or similar RPA experience.
What you need to know:
- We work in a casual office setting with an on-site gym.
- Easy access to Link Light Rail or free onsite parking
- Our atmosphere is enjoyable and results-driven but focused on balancing personal life, health, and well-being.
- This is a hybrid position with 2 days on-site after training period.
What’s in it for you:
- Discretionary bonus program
- Competitive wages with annual wage reviews
- Health Insurance – 2 medical plans to choose from as low as $0/month: dental and vision available with low employee payroll deduction.
- Health Insurance for your family – cover your entire family with medical, dental and vision for $222/month on our HDHP.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Paid Time off – start with 17 days paid time off a year + additional paid extended leave. PTO days increase with years of service.
- Paid Holidays - 8 paid holidays a year in addition to your PTO.
- 401(k) with 50% of the first 6% contributed matched + additional annual retirement contribution.
- Employee assistance program – at no cost to you
- Life Insurance, long term disability and AD&D – at no cost to you
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- Career advancement through internal promotions
Who we are:
Lynden is a family-owned transportation and logistics company that allows our customers to balance speed and budget by shipping via air, land, or sea. As a corporate office with 95 IT employees, we support 15 sister companies with over 2,500 employees. Having not had a layoff in 40+ years, we offer you job stability in a career that will be an adventure!
How to stand out:
Your resume should align with the requirements of this position including but not limited to your current location of residence, professional experience, and skills.
Our Hiring Process for this position:
After reviewing all resumes, we will contact qualified candidates for a phone screen. If selected to advance, you will have a virtual interview, a technical interview, followed by an in person final panel interview.
A post offer condition of employment drug test, and background screen are required. Random drug testing is required of all Lynden Incorporated employees.
Job description available upon request
LI does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, honorably discharged veteran or military status, citizenship or immigration status, age, national origin, the presence of any physical, mental, or sensory disability, gender identity, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, political ideology, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Veterans and underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
- Job Family 1400-IT
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $112,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $139,000.00
- 18000 International Blvd, SeaTac, WA 98188, USA