Alaska Marine Lines is looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic. Have you been working on diesel engines for the last few years and are ready for a new challenge? We are looking for a heavy equipment diesel mechanic who wants job stability and great benefits in a career that will lead them to retirement. This is a safety sensitive position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose & repair company equipment using specialized tools and meters as well as hand & power tools.
- Perform preventative maintenance to ensure reliability of equipment.
- Adjust, repair and/or replace parts in engines, transmissions, differentials, brakes and other equipment.
- Observe, listen and operate mechanical devices (both in and out of operations) to locate causes of trouble or signs of failure.
- Install new systems either as designed or as changed by the company.
- Adjust or repair hydraulic systems and components.
- Ability and willingness to travel to Alaska twice a year as required for varied lengths of time.
- Own basic hand tools common to the trade and be willing and able to acquire additional tooling as the position requires. Properly use and maintain company supplied tooling.
- Comply with all company safety polices, including use of protective equipment and Fit for Work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and physical demands in the work environment.
- Journey level mechanic with at least 4 years related experience preferred.
- Experience and considerable knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of various types of heavy equipment, lift trucks, tractors, hostlers and other driven equipment and tools.
- AA certificate from college or vocational/technical school in Diesel Technology is preferred.
Your Benefits will include:
Paid Time off – start with 17 days paid time off a year (PTO) + additional extended leave paid time
Paid Holidays - 8 paid holiday a year in additional to PTO (New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day)
Health Insurance - medical, dental and vision with low employee contributions
Health Insurance for your family – we also contribute to medical, dental and vision for your family
401(k) with company match + additional annual retirement contribution
Employee assistance program
Life Insurance and AD&D – we pay for at no cost to you
Long term disability – we pay for at no cost to you
Opportunities for internal promotions/career advancement
Family friendly work hours (closed on weekends and paid holidays)
Discretionary Bonus Program
Competitive wages with annual performance and wage reviews
All offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory background check and pre-employment drug screen. Random drug testing is a requirement for all AML employees.
Alaska Marine Lines is an equal opportunity employer. AML does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, honorably discharged veteran or military status, citizenship or immigration status, age, national origin, the presence of any physical, mental, or sensory disability, gender identity, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, political ideology, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Veterans and Minorities are encouraged to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Priority referrals for protected veterans.
- Job Family 1500-Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $34.00
- Max Hiring Rate $50.01
- 6110 W Marginal Way SW, Seattle, WA 98106, USA