Inventory & Parts Coordinator
Alaska West Express provides truckload transportation throughout the United States and Canada, specializing in shipments to and from Alaska where we are a leader in transporting liquid- and dry-bulk products, hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals, and petroleum products. With our fleet of flatbeds, stretch, lowboy, single- and double-drop trailers, we are recognized for dependable service to the oilfield, mining, construction, and manufacturing industries.
Alaska West Express, Inc. is searching for a motivated Inventory and Parts Coordinator in Anchorage, Alaska. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing inventory levels, ordering, and receiving inventory, organizing storage, tracking inventory movements, analyzing inventory data, and collaborating with other departments. This role is crucial in ensuring that the company has the right amounts of parts and materials to meet operational needs while avoiding excess inventory. By maintaining accurate inventory levels, this position contributes to the company's ability to meet customer demands, control costs, and maintain operational efficiency.
WHY WORK FOR ALASKA WEST EXPRESS, INC.?
- Safety/Performance Bonus Program
- Excellent benefit package including medical, dental and vision with low costs for full family coverage.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with up to 6% company contribution
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Incredible career advancement opportunity with opportunities within the Lynden Family of Companies which are unmatched in the transportation industry
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Attendance and timeliness are essential functions of this position.
- Maintaining accurate inventory levels: Responsible for ensuring that the company has the right amount of parts and materials to meet production needs, while avoiding excess inventory that can tie up cash and warehouse space.
- Ordering and receiving inventory: Ordering parts and materials from suppliers, tracking shipments, and receiving goods into inventory. A thorough understanding of lead times and supplier performance to ensure that the inventory arrives on time and in the right quantities is a must.
- Managing inventory storage: Responsible for organizing and storing inventory in a way that allows for efficient retrieval and minimizes the risk of damage or loss.
- Tracking inventory movements: Keep accurate records of inventory movements, including when parts are issued to production, returned to inventory, or scrapped. Conduct periodic physical inventory counts to verify that the inventory levels in the system match the actual inventory on hand.
- Analyzing inventory data: Analyzing inventory data to identify trends, forecast future demand, and make recommendations for adjustments to inventory levels or ordering patterns. Identify slow-moving or obsolete inventory and develop strategies to minimize the impact on the company's bottom line.
- Collaborating with other departments: Work closely with other departments to ensure that inventory levels are aligned with department needs and that all parties have accurate and timely information about inventory status.
- Comply with all company safety policies, including use of protective equipment and Fit for Work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with co-workers, supervisors and managers, to understand procedures and warning signs and or markings in the English language, to respond to inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
REQUIRED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE):
Employee is required to wear PPE as outlined in AWE Industrial Health and Safety Manual Chapter 2.27 PPE Program, which may include hard hat, safety toe shoes/boots, gloves, hearing protection, respiratory protection and arctic gear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment can be high. Hearing protection may be required.
Alaska West Express Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Must pass a pre-employment drug test, background check and physical.
- Job Family 2200-Purchasing
- Pay Type Hourly
- E Whitney Rd, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA