Customer Service Representative
Lynden Transport is looking for a Customer Service Representative who possesses a genuine desire to serve our Customers by processing and providing information through a multitude of avenues including, but not limited to, the essential functions of the job listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Carries out all duties with a strong commitment to excellent customer service
- Processes Bills of Lading for receiving, reviews Bill for complete information, assigns codes and instructions as required. Enters alpha and numeric receiving data from source documents into computer. Confers with customers and others to improve and/or expand services.
- Prepares and inputs data to create freight bills. Such data includes calculations of totals, net amounts, and discounts, manually using company tariffs and using in house computer program when applicable.
- Quotes rates and documents cargo bookings.
- Enters documents into scanning (Imaging) system.
- Rates Bills of Lading using company’s computer program.
- Maintains details of business transactions or other records as required. Counts, weighs, measures, and records number of units or other data regarding freight moved or handled.
- Answers variety of customer information requests by phone, e-mail, and fax or in person regarding rates, routing, packing procedures and interline transportation procedures.
- Provides administration customer service support for multitude of departments within company.
- Performs audit to ensure accuracy of customer billing.
- Received freight from vendors which often includes moving and lifting boxes weighing up to 50 lbs
- Working on the dock for long periods of time, partially exposed to the elements for a prolonged period of time.
- Dependable and consistent attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- PC Skills Required: Windows, Word, Excel, Explorer, Outlook.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from company personnel, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Keyboard and ten key by touch (equivalent to 50 words per minute).
- Employee must enjoy the challenge of working in a multiple task - fast paced environment.
- Employee must possess a genuine desire and skill to meet the customer's needs in the most efficient manner possible.
- Ability to meet a regular work schedule.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work to meet schedules/deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to change focus and job duties in a fast moving, time restricted environment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while moving small to medium size boxes around on the dock
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and sit; lift up to 50lbs during the normal course of daily activities. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear while communicating with employees and customers either in person or using telephones or radios.
Work shift: Monday - Friday; Hours Variable
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to handle a variety of physical activity from sitting to standing, walking and occasional lifting from 20 pounds. Employee must be able to use eyes, hands and fingers to keyboard, operate phones, fax and other office machinery. The employee must be able to hear and speak while communicating with customers and coworkers in person, on the telephone or on radios. The employee must possess close, distance, color peripheral and depth perception.
May be required to travel throughout the terminal and office facility repeatedly during shift. Must be able to sit, stand or walk for extended periods.
The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and working around moving machinery. The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate to moderately loud.
- Job Family 1900-Office Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $22.00
- 3027 Rampart Dr, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA