Building and Operations Assistant
The May Center School in Norwood is looking for a full-time building and operations assistant to work in a school setting performing general upkeep, maintenance, repairs and assisting with school operations.
· Maintain cleaning chart indicating areas that were cleaned and inspected.
· Complete regular environmental checklists
· Maintain and track vehicle inspections on a spreadsheet.
· General cleaning and care of the building and grounds including picking up trash, debris, and removing snow and ice from sidewalks, vans.
· Set up equipment for special school events or programs and cleans up afterwards.
· Minor repairs, report major damages to supervisors
· Keep facilities and grounds safe and in compliance with state, county, and city codes.
· Notify supervisors about unsafe conditions or concerning the need for repairs or maintenance
· Must be 21 years or older
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Computer skills including participating in on-line trainings, email and maintaining excel spread sheet.
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Must possess good organizational skills
· Knowledge of minor maintenance activities as they relate to plumbing, general carpentry, and repair.
· Valid driver's license
· Must be able to manage time efficiently and to work individually
· Ability to interact effectively with others, including children
· Ability to perform tasks which involve working on a ladder or scaffolding and climbing stairs
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. using appropriate lifting techniques and equipment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Norwood, MA, USA