RN MED/SURG, PRN/Casual
Memorial Community Hospital & Health System (MCH) is currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Registered Nurse to join our Med/Surg team. In this role, you will be responsible for evaluating, planning, implementing, and documenting nursing care for an assigned patient population. You will work closely with providers and your team during routine patient care, examinations and procedures, perform various patient tests, administer medications, and promote patient independence.
Our Mission is to partner with our community to heal, nurture and promote wellness.
Our Vision is to be the first choice and the community leader in healthcare.
Our Values are Compassion, Respect, Integrity, Excellence and Teamwork.
• Shift Details: PRN/Casual
• Coordinate and collaborate with interdisciplinary healthcare team members to ensure comprehensive care and services for patients, including patient and family education.
• Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the care of assigned patients, adhering to standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the medical surgical, skilled nursing/rehabilitation, and intensive care nursing fields.
• Accept assignments as needed, including med/surg level patients and/or skilled patients
• Possess effective interpersonal and communication skills for patient care and customer relations.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the nursing process.
• Obtain informed consent, perform admission assessments and documentation, and develop timely care plans.
• Contribute to the development, implementation, and evaluation of patient-specific plan of care.
• Evaluate data, document findings, and communicate relevant information to the healthcare team.
• Actively participate with providers during patient assessments and interventions.
• Foster a teamwork environment by cross-training in other nursing departments and floating to different areas when needed.
• Administer medications efficiently and safely via various routes, monitoring patients appropriately.
• Respond to routine and emergency patient care needs and provide safe and effective care to patients, including treatment procedures.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• BSN preferred.
• Current RN Licensure in the state of Nebraska or Iowa required.
• Current BLS certification required. Current ACLS certification required or within 90 days of hire. Current PALS certification required or within 90 days of hire.
• At least 1 year of RN or LPN experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Memorial Community Hospital & Health System is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family MCH Job Family
- Pay Type Hourly
- Memorial Community Hospital & Health System, 810 N 22nd Street, Blair, Nebraska, United States of America