RACE & SPORTS BOOK WRITER - CB & VR
STARTING RATE: $13.00 hr + Tips
Accepts wagers and writes sports book tickets. Maintains an accurate count of all money and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance cash drawer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Accept wagers for sporting and racing events.
- Cash winning tickets.
- Gather all documentation for the purpose of balancing window.
- Maintain awareness of final results of all events, sports and races.
- Other job related duties as assigned and instructed by management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS:
- Acknowledge repeat customers and their typical bets.
- Offer assistance and education on wagering information when asked.
- Share up to date information relevant to sporting events.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as typewriters and record boxes. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and dexterity.
The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, libraries, and residences or commercial vehicles, e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals, etc. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.The work environment involves exposure to second hand smoke in a casino. This is a 24 hour/7 day a week work environment with varying shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Job Family RACE & SPORTS BOOK
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $13.00
- 100 E Pioneer Blvd, Mesquite, NV 89027, USA
- 950 W Mesquite Blvd, Mesquite, NV 89027, USA