STEAKHOUSE SOUS CHEF - CB
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: S. Nevada Health District Health Card.
A successful Sous Chef must have demonstrated experience in most aspects of the Food Industry and have strong attention to details. He/she will take accountability for “on the spot” decisions made with limited information. Candidate must possess conflict resolution and problem solving skills as well as be computer literate with computer programs specifically designed for ordering supplies (MMS). This position requires excellent communication, leadership and motivational skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepare menu items and recipes according to production and quality standards.
2. Assign and monitor food production needs to employees and ensure production needs are met as required by customer flow.
3. Adhere to all food handling and sanitation guidelines.
4. Use interpersonal skills to interact effectively and tactfully with diverse department personnel at various levels and with the public.
5. Operate equipment such as mixers, food processors, food cutters, meat slicers, blenders, gas range, flat top grill, char broiler, hot wells, and deep fat fryers.
6. Assist Room Chef & Director in leading, motivating, training, coaching, and disciplining food services employees.
7. Other related job duties as assigned and instructed by management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS:
- Strive to deliver world-class products and service for our guests.
- Interact effectively with guests, employees, colleagues and managers in a high volume public contact setting using positive body language, direct eye contact, active listening, and problem solving techniques.
- Display to the guest that they are the most important person at this moment.
- Take ownership and have an "It's my job" attitude.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting heavy objects over 50 pounds. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and dexterity.
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts requiring special safety precautions, e.g., working around kitchen equipment, moving parts, carts, or machines, or with contagious diseases or irritant chemicals. Employees may be required to use protective clothing or gear such as masks, gowns, coats, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields. This is a 24 hour/7 day a week work environment with varying shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Job Family FOOD SERVICES
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $20.00
- 950 W Mesquite Blvd, Mesquite, NV 89027, USA