CAGE CASHIER - CB & VR
STARTING RATE: $16.00 + Tips
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT: 21 years old
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: State of Nevada Gaming Permit and Unexpired Government issued Identification.
Maintains an accurate count of all money and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance cash drawer.
Previous money handling experience preferred. Must possess basic math skills for accuracy in money transactions. Must have excellent attention to detail to maintain accuracy and security required in Cage Operations. Must be able to pass the Title 31 test prior to start of employment, every 6 months, and when the company deems necessary. Must be able to read, write, and communicate verbally in English.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Cash out coins, chips, and cash personal, payroll, and traveler’s checks.
- Check and verify customer account records.
- Maintain accurate account of assigned bank.
- Responsible for performing high volume cash and non-cash transactions with guests in a courteous, accurate, and timely manner.
- Maintains strict adherence to the department policies and procedures are necessary to maintain integrity of the cash operation.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of Title 31 requirements.
- Must have excellent attention to detail to maintain accuracy and security required in cage operations.
- Other job-related duties as assigned and instructed by management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS:
- Have knowledge of facility and upcoming and on-going special events for guests’ inquiries.
- Convey a consistently professional and friendly attitude while performing transactions for internal and external customers.
- Able to remain calm in stressful situations.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items(<30lbs) such as record boxes. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and dexterity.
The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting, and training rooms, e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals, etc. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
The work environment involves exposure to secondhand smoke in a casino. This is a 24 hour/7 day a week work environment with varying shifts including weekends and holidays
- Job Family CAGE
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $16.00
- 100 E Pioneer Blvd, Mesquite, NV 89027, USA
- 950 W Mesquite Blvd, Mesquite, NV 89027, USA