BUFFET PANTRY HELPER - CB
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT: 18 years old
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: S. Nevada Health District Health Card.
Prepares salads, dressings, vegetables, cold-cuts and other similar food items as directed.
General kitchen experience and willingness to learn is required. Must have the ability to work in a fasted paced environment. Must be flexible, adaptable and self motivated. Must b e customer service and team-oriented. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and complete assignments in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepare a variety of cold products, such as: slicing and dicing cold meats; peeling, slicing, or chopping eggs, vegetables or fruits; and dicing or grating cheeses.
2. Responsible for setting-up, maintaining, cleaning and breaking down salad bar daily (Buffet).
3. Operate small equipment such as mixers, slicers, and cutters.
4. Assist cooks and chefs in their daily job duties.
5. Ensure that all Health and Safety standards are met for assigned work areas.
6. Other job related duties as assigned and instructed by management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS:
· Be attentive to others’ needs whether it is through verbal or non-verbal communication, thus enabling great rapport between coworkers and strengthening the team.
· Display cooperation with fellow employees during shift.
· Help others when not busy or finished with assigned duties.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting heavy objects over 50 pounds. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and dexterity.
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts requiring special safety precautions, e.g., working around kitchen equipment, moving parts, carts, or machines, or with contagious diseases or irritant chemicals. Employees may be required to use protective clothing or gear such as masks, gowns, coats, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields. This is a 24 hour/7 day a week work environment with varying shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Job Family FOOD SERVICES
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $15.00
- 950 W Mesquite Blvd, Mesquite, NV 89027, USA