Conference Service Manager - Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
Meyer Jabara Hotels has distinguished itself as an employer of choice, attracting innovative and talented industry professionals who deliver exceptional results. Our Associates are encouraged to reach their fullest potential by delivering a differentiated experience to our guests and an exceptional bottom-line.
Conference Service Manager
The Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa located in the heart of bustling downtown Stamford is looking for you! Do you have what it takes to be a successful Conference Service Manager at Stamford's number one hotel? Apply now and find out!
The Conference Service Manager is responsible for overall coordination and management of all conferences, meetings, group functions, and group activities booked through the sales department.
As Conference Service Manager you would be responsible for performing the
Job Description Summary
Manage and coordinate all conferences, meetings, group functions and group activities booked through the sales department.
- Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines. Confirm in writing to the client and all affected hotel departments all group requirements via sales contract terms, addendums, confirmation of pricing, group resumes, and/or banquet event order.
- As needed, assist the client in menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decorations, traffic flow, room set-up, group room blocks and VIP services, etc.
- Conduct Pre-convention meeting with client and operations team as needed (for larger programs). Confirm head counts and collect payments for deposits and final balance
- Work with sales staff to service and solicit new business. Up-sell client events and manage function space and room block inventory as assigned.
- Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Report and communicate Meeting event needs between the client and hotel.
- Prepare and distribute amenity request forms for specified clients. Obtain designated approvals and follow-up on delivery.
- Check function room set-ups prior to guest arrival, ensuring all details are in agreement with client’s requirements and hotel standards. Ensure appropriate personnel correct deficiencies.
- Welcome group contact upon arrival at function and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and ensure all functions are set up, refreshed, and broken down in compliance with scheduled times and departmental procedures.
- Work in a timely manner to executive and distribute all Banquet Event Orders (BEO) and contracts as designated by sales.
- Conduct hotel and banquet facility tours and entertain qualified clients in accordance with company and property policies.
- Follow up with clients regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Corporate accounts, Religious/Social groups, Sports Teams, etc. – to ensure repeat business, follow up on events, and generate new business
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups).
- Strategy and Planning:
- May assist in developing and implement sales actions plan as assigned.
- Financial Management:
- Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
- Review daily postings of charges to master accounts of clients and resolve any discrepancies, or process necessary adjustments.
- Review final bill prior to presenting to client.
- Complete post-conference reports of events for senior management and complete other reports as needed or requested.
- Assist in the preparation of the departmental budget and implementation of the hotel’s catering and conference strategy.
5 years’ experience as Conference Manager in a full-service hotel is required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
High School diploma or Hospitality degree certificate required.
Prior experience in full-service hotel in a similar position preferred.
$55,000 - $58,000/ year
The difference between being a good business and an amazing business can be found in the company's footprints made by giving back and serving others. Community relationships matter to the team at Meyer Jabara.
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $58,000.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Monday, February 19, 2024
- Stamford, CT, USA