Food & Beverage Supervisor - Hilton Wilmington/Christiana
FOOD & BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR
The Hilton Wilmington/Christiana is looking for a Food & Beverage Supervisor to join an outstanding Team of professionals!
Are you ready to embark in a Journey with the Hilton Christiana and Meyer Jabara Hotels?
By joining our Team, you will be working for the best hotel and management company in Delaware. The Hilton Wilmington/Christiana has been voted *Hotel of the Year 2022* in the Large Hotel category within Meyer Jabara Hotels. You will work for a company that values its associates, strives to provide the best training, tools and support to perform your job the best way possible. You will be empowered to make decisions and you will be supported in your professional development. You will be surrounded by people that love what they do and support each other in achieving professional, financial and personal goals both for you and for the company.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Supervises the daily operation of the Food and Beverage departments, including the on-site restaurant Market Kitchen & Bar, Banquets events and breakfast in E-Central restaurant. The candidate maintains established operating procedures, service standards and maximizes food and beverage profits.
- At direction of the F&B Outlet Manager, fills in where needed to ensure proper staffing levels and coverage.
- Assist F&B Manager and Banquet Manager on all areas of the Market Kitchen & Bar (restaurant), E-Central (Breakfast) and Banquet Events
- Inspects daily pre and post shift side work and cleanliness of outlet areas.
- Maintains labor cost objectives by adhering to labor standards.
- Maintains standards of food and beverage quality and guest services; resolves guest complaints.
- Participates in taking weekly and monthly inventories.
- Assists with weekly liquor orders
- Ensure POS is properly maintained and programmed
- Trains and provides career development for subordinates
- Communicates food and beverage promotions to guest services and associates; provides training on executing salesmanship and delivery.
- Communicates to associates team goals and property objectives.
- The Supervisor oversees on-property weddings and events and is the bride/contact point person
- The candidate will be expected to assist in serving if needed
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED. 3+ Years in the Food and Beverage industry with some supervisory experience within a hotel and/or free-standing restaurant establishment. Prior experience must exhibit a solid progression in scope and responsibilities.
The candidate is proficient in Excel, Word and POS (Micros experience is a plus).
Outgoing, people person. Must be in tune with and anticipate external and internal guest needs. Must be mathematically inclined and grasp cost and revenue enhancement ideas. Must be willing to work a varied schedule that will include nights, weekends and holidays.
The statements in this position description are intended to describe the essential
nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL
responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
- The major responsibility in this position is to supervise employees and ensure the prompt courteous service to our guests, therefore a significant portion of time is spent speaking, listening, walking, standing, and carrying.
- The person in this position spends a significant amount of time utilizing problem solving, counseling, reasoning, motivating, scheduling and training abilities.
- Reading and writing abilities are used often in reviewing and compiling reports.
- Mathematical skills are used often, including basic math, profit/loss concepts, and percentages, conducting inventories and budgeting.
- Communication skills are used a significant amount of time when responding to guest inquiries, speaking with staff, and when given instructions.
- Carrying and/or lifting items (i.e. plates, utensils, trays, tables) occurs at times.
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
We’ll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
• Team-spirited coworkers
• Learning and development opportunities
• Encouraging management
• Recognition programs
• Hilton and Meyer Jabara Team Member travel discounts
• Health and dental insurance
• Voluntary benefits including but not limited to life insurance and short term disability
YOU ARE WELCOMED HERE!
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to feel comfortable being yourself and to know you’re important to us. You’ll make an impact in your role, and for that, you’ll be appreciated and valued
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- 100 Continental Dr, Newark, DE 19713, USA