Engineer - Airport
Interested in joining Milwaukee County? Milwaukee County is searching for authentic people who are out to change the game and bring their whole selves to work every day.
Milwaukee County oversees operations from our Airport, Behavioral Health, Child Support Enforcement, Combined Court Operations, Sheriffs Department, Community Reintegration Center, Human Services, Parks, Public Safety, Public Works, Fleet Operations, Transportation, and at the Zoo. Our departments are also dedicated to our Seniors in the Department on Aging, those with Disabilities, and Veterans Affairs. Our employees also remain committed to serve the cultural, human, recreational and social needs of the entire community.
Milwaukee County offers a wide variety of interesting jobs for people who want to make a difference in our community. Milwaukee County provides a competitive benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If disability related accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
We are searching for Changemakers to come and join our team and discover our diverse and versatile community of independent spirits and unique talents, we are redefining the way you think about Milwaukee County!
Engineer – Airport
Hourly Pay Range: $30.39 - $45.67
Closing Date: October 1st, 2023 or upon receiving 50 applications
Job Summary: The Engineer – Airport provides technical engineering services within the Airport Engineering Unit at Milwaukee’s General Mitchell International Airport. These services include engineering analysis, design, construction management, and project management.
- Engineering Analysis and Design - Prepare engineering designs, studies, estimates, and reports using engineering tools such as AutoCAD Civil 3D. Prepare plan sets including drawings and specifications for bidding. Effectively communicate complex engineering concepts to stakeholders.
- Construction Management - Manage airport construction. Inspect and track work completed. Coordinate construction with contractors, airport operations, security, FAA, and other airport stakeholders. Review and process change orders, payments, and project closeout documents.
- Project Management - Manage project delivery. Oversee client needs, project cost, schedule, and quality. Lead teams of consultants, contractors, and internal staff in the delivery of projects. Provide high quality customer service to airport partners and stakeholders.
- Must be a current resident of the State of Wisconsin.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License is required at the time of appointment and must be maintained during incumbency.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in civil, architectural, construction engineering, or closely related field.
- Must be able to pass an airport security background check needed to obtain an MKE security badge and class II airfield driver endorsement.
NOTE: This original application is open to permanent residents of the state of Wisconsin at the time of application. In accordance with Section 11, Rule 3 of the Civil Service Rules a non-competitive examination will be held for this position. The non-competitive examination will consist of criteria deemed appropriate by the Director of Human Resources.
APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF FILING APPLICATION
Milwaukee County is committed to fostering an equitable working environment, free from discrimination and harassment, on the basis of any characteristic protected by law. We prohibit any form of discrimination, harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, pregnancy related condition, national origin, age, disability, FMLA status, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, or any other category or status that is now or in the future protected by federal, state, and local law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, background checks and pre-employment physicals subject to job requirements. If special accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
- Job Family 15 - Other
- Job Function 2 Professionals
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Airport, GMIA, Timmerman, 5300 S Howell Ave, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
- Milwaukee, WI, USA