Fiscal Assistant II - Child Support Administration
Interested in joining Milwaukee County? Milwaukee County is searching for authentic people who are out to change the game and bring their whole selves to work every day.
Milwaukee County oversees operations from our Airport, Behavioral Health, Child Support Enforcement, Combined Court Operations, Sheriffs Department, Community Reintegration Center, Human Services, Parks, Public Safety, Public Works, Fleet Operations, Transportation, and at the Zoo. Our departments are also dedicated to our Seniors in the Department on Aging, those with Disabilities, and Veterans Affairs. Our employees also remain committed to serve the cultural, human, recreational and social needs of the entire community.
Milwaukee County offers a wide variety of interesting jobs for people who want to make a difference in our community. Milwaukee County provides a competitive benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If disability related accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
We are searching for Changemakers to come and join our team and discover our diverse and versatile community of independent spirits and unique talents, we are redefining the way you think about Milwaukee County!
Fiscal Assistant 2 - Child Support
Hourly Pay Rate: $16.96 to $21.62
Closing Date: October 2, 2023. Or sooner upon receipt of the first 50 application submissions
The Fiscal Assistant 2 works with participants at the front desk and is responsible for handling child support and fee payments. The position verifies the accuracy of payment instruments and checks large bills for potential fraudulent tender. This position will also assist the Fiscal Coordinator with any day-to-day training of front desk procedures as well as balancing register and ensuring accurate posting of payments to the Trust Fund.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accepts cash and checks issued for payments of child support and fees. Use cash register to issue receipts, verify accuracy of payment instruments. Validate large bills to avoid counterfeit tender. Refer large payments, refund requests and any problems to management.
- Assisting visitors to generate and explain routine payment histories. Referring in-depth inquiries to case managers, paralegals, enforcement and legal staff. Verifying completeness of motion papers and other legal
- Assist Fiscal Coordinator with training new and fill-in front desk staff to the front desk procedures.
- Perform daily cash register balance procedures. Complete accurate and timely processing of all payments received in office to ensure payments post to the Trust Fund correctly.
- Accurate and timely processing of invoices for process service bills, genetic testing and Children First programming. Prepare and set up monthly spreadsheets for payment of invoices.
- Perform all other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Must be a current resident of Wisconsin
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience working with high volume of cash handling
- Three (3) years of bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
Preferred Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Ability to assist distressed individuals who can be very emotional at times
- Working with data base systems such as KIDS, CARES, CSOS and OnBase
- Working in a child support setting with a diverse population
- High volume cash handling experience in a child support or retail setting
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Generally structured work of a relatively routine nature involving a choice of actions within limits of standard policy and procedures. Contact with peers and others at a routine level, primarily involving basic explanation of information, (these contacts may be within or outside department or division) and gathering of factual information. Frequent external contact with a diverse population, answering queries and/or asking assistance. Read, write and comprehend simple instructions, reports, memos and short correspondence. Proficiency in related computer and software applications and general use of office machines, copying, faxing and other work as required.
NOTE: This ORIGINAL APPLICATION is open to qualified residents of the State of Wisconsin at the time of application. Candidates need to submit a full account of their training and experience (i.e., by submitting an up-to-date resume or by fully completing the application) during the application process and may also be asked to take additional written or performance tests as part of the selection process.
APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF FILING APPLICATION
PG O4Z1 KM
Milwaukee County is committed to fostering an equitable working environment, free from discrimination and harassment, on the basis of any characteristic protected by law. We prohibit any form of discrimination, harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, pregnancy related condition, national origin, age, disability, FMLA status, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, or any other category or status that is now or in the future protected by federal, state, and local law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, background checks and pre-employment physicals subject to job requirements. If special accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
- Job Family 1 - Financial Administration/General Control
- Job Function 6 Administrative Support
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Milwaukee County, WI, USA
- Milwaukee, WI, USA