Steamfitter - Facilities
Interested in joining Milwaukee County? Milwaukee County is searching for authentic people who are out to change the game and bring their whole selves to work every day.
Milwaukee County oversees operations from our Airport, Behavioral Health, Child Support Enforcement, Combined Court Operations, Sheriffs Department, Community Reintegration Center, Human Services, Parks, Public Safety, Public Works, Fleet Operations, Transportation, and at the Zoo. Our departments are also dedicated to our Seniors in the Department on Aging, those with Disabilities, and Veterans Affairs. Our employees also remain committed to serve the cultural, human, recreational and social needs of the entire community.
Milwaukee County offers a wide variety of interesting jobs for people who want to make a difference in our community. Milwaukee County provides a competitive benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If disability related accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
We are searching for Changemakers to come and join our team and discover our diverse and versatile community of independent spirits and unique talents, we are redefining the way you think about Milwaukee County!
Department of Administrative Services
Hourly Pay: $46.99
Closing Date: 10/09/2023 or upon receiving 50 aplications.
Maintaining HVAC controls; room censors, thermostats, boiler and chiller controls. Facilitates temperature and air flow adjustments through computer controls of mechanical system. Works very close with the Steamfitter Welders and other departments.
- Requested work - Hot and cold calls
- Planned and routine maintenance - Chiller start up and maintenance, chilled water, cooling tower maintenance. Start up and maintenance of existing boilers, controls, and steam supply/condensate return. Daily adjustments on building controls. Monitoring and repairs on HVAC equipment ‐ compressors, thermostat.
- Emergency work - No heat/no cooling, steam leaks, equipment breakdowns.
- Project work - Adjustments, construction, participation, and support of capital projects
- Administrative - Gather data/documentation for purchases. I.e., gather quote, submit to support team, etc.
- Current resident of WI
- Valid WI Driver’s License
- Highschool Diploma/GED
- At least Three (3) years of experience as a Journeyman.
- Journeyman Card required at the time of application
- EPA 608 Universal Refrigeration Certification required at the time of application
- ASOPE Boiler License within 6 months of hire.
Must be able to work in all Milwaukee County facilities including secured detention/high-security facilities and work in areas with sensitive information and assets. Required that applicants successfully undergo a criminal history background check to maintain security clearance for Milwaukee County facilities.
Note: This Original Examination is open to current residents of the State of Wisconsin. In accordance with Rule III section 11 of the Civil Service Rules a non-competitive examination will be held for this position. The non-competitive examination will consist of a review of candidate materials, education and related experience.
Milwaukee County is committed to fostering an equitable working environment, free from discrimination and harassment, on the basis of any characteristic protected by law. We prohibit any form of discrimination, harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, pregnancy related condition, national origin, age, disability, FMLA status, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, or any other category or status that is now or in the future protected by federal, state, and local law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, background checks and pre-employment physicals subject to job requirements. If special accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
- Job Family 15 - Other
- Job Function 7 Skilled Craft Workers
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Milwaukee, WI, USA