Senior Accountant - General Mitchell International Airport
Interested in joining Milwaukee County? Milwaukee County is searching for authentic people who are out to change the game and bring their whole selves to work every day.
Milwaukee County oversees operations from our Airport, Behavioral Health, Child Support Enforcement, Combined Court Operations, Sheriffs Department, Community Reintegration Center, Human Services, Parks, Public Safety, Public Works, Fleet Operations, Transportation, and at the Zoo. Our departments are also dedicated to our Seniors in the Department on Aging, those with Disabilities, and Veterans Affairs. Our employees also remain committed to serve the cultural, human, recreational and social needs of the entire community.
Milwaukee County offers a wide variety of interesting jobs for people who want to make a difference in our community. Milwaukee County provides a competitive benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If disability related accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
We are searching for Changemakers to come and join our team and discover our diverse and versatile community of independent spirits and unique talents, we are redefining the way you think about Milwaukee County!
Milwaukee County General Mitchell International Airport
Annual Salary Range: $64,376 - $74,776
Closing Date: 10/09/2023 Or sooner upon receipt of the first 50 application submissions
Job Summary: The Senior Accountant is responsible for compilation, calculation and billing of both airline and concessions based on the provisions of each tenant’s contract and the applicable current rates and charges. These billings include airline monthly landing fees, per use fees, supplemental aircraft parking, common usage, aviation fuel flowage, rents, utility resale billing, nonstandard and non-provisioned invoicing. Tenant concession billing, and annual true-up using annual audit reports for car rental, food and beverage, gift and novelties, advertising and other miscellaneous revenue streams. Performs direct billing of miscellaneous services to airlines, provision billing rules into the Airport Operations Data Base (AODB currently GCR). In addition, the senior accountant completes revenue journal entries and reclasses as needed. Assists in monitoring the MKE Accounting e-mail billing inquiry inbox and phone calls for issue resolution. Analytical projects and other duties as assigned including year-end duties which include the airline fees paid annual report used by management to generate the annual settlement with signatory airlines.
- Compiles and compares airline self-reporting to Passur reporting file and calculates and invoices signatory and non-signatory airlines for landing fees, rent, common use, security, supplemental aircraft parking and utilities (water, gas, and electric). Position requires input and feedback on all current and proposed rate structures. Airline revenue is approximately $25-$30 M annually. Responsible for quarterly review of airline seats and dimensions.
- Prepares monthly invoices for concession rent and percent of sales, fuel/oil flowage, badging, hanger rent, landside other building rent, airline rent, Fixed Based Operator (FBO) for two airports, and MKE office park tenant building rent. All invoicing requires review and understanding of customer contracts and strong working relationships with the properties department and tenants. All other income from airlines, concessions and other billed sources excluding parking revenue total approximately $50-$55 M annually
- Completes year end reconciliations for audit reviews and each period closing during year end process, and completes other miscellaneous analytical projects and tasks as assigned. Monitor, reply, route and resolve all accounting mailbox emails. Regularly is assigned other analytical requests to perform tenant revenue or space analysis.
- Invoicing for direct additional special cost items such as bus service during diversions, etc. Work with properties and others for regular GCR AODB review and clean-up of both billing and properties provisions. Coordinate implementation of timing for new annual rates for rent and airline fees. Miscellaneous other adjustments relating to revenue are researched and entered in financial system or GCR as necessary.
- Conducts an internal audit of concessions, car rental, and advertising tenants, resulting in a true-up of base vs. sales-based rent. Based on external tenant audit results to internal audit; tenant is notified and either an invoice or credit memo is issued if necessary. Also researches and resolves all general tenant inquiries. Concessions revenue totals $18-$25 M per annually.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Current resident of the State of Wisconsin
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or related field
- At least three (3) years of experience working in Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance or closely related experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of all related computer and software applications, such as word processing and spreadsheets.
Additional Required Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures; knowledge of office practices and procedures. The ability to perform mathematical computations; analytical and organizational skills; problem solving skills; skilled in analysis and reconciliation of various auditing and invoicing; skilled in using a personal computer; data processing and creating spread sheets; skilled in planning, preparing and performing accounting tasks; oral and written communication skills; ability to operate a ten-key calculator and accurately compile and maintain a wide variety of statistical and accounting records for internal and external usability; ability to complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision; ability to work effectively and harmoniously with others.
Note: This ORIGINAL APPLICATION is open to qualified residents of the State of Wisconsin at the time of application. Candidates need to submit a full account of their training and experience (i.e., by submitting an up-to-date resume or by fully completing the application) during the application process and may also be asked to take additional written or performance tests as part of the selection process.
APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF FILING APPLICATION
PG 28M Exempt KM
Milwaukee County is committed to fostering an equitable working environment, free from discrimination and harassment, on the basis of any characteristic protected by law. We prohibit any form of discrimination, harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, pregnancy related condition, national origin, age, disability, FMLA status, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, or any other category or status that is now or in the future protected by federal, state, and local law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, background checks and pre-employment physicals subject to job requirements. If special accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
- Job Family 1 - Financial Administration/General Control
- Job Function 2 Professionals
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Milwaukee County, WI, USA
- Milwaukee, WI, USA