EMT PT Hourly - OEM
Interested in joining Milwaukee County? Milwaukee County is searching for authentic people who are out to change the game and bring their whole selves to work every day.
Milwaukee County oversees operations from our Airport, Behavioral Health, Child Support Enforcement, Combined Court Operations, Sheriffs Department, Community Reintegration Center, Human Services, Parks, Public Safety, Public Works, Fleet Operations, Transportation, and at the Zoo. Our departments are also dedicated to our Seniors in the Department on Aging, those with Disabilities, and Veterans Affairs. Our employees also remain committed to serve the cultural, human, recreational and social needs of the entire community.
Milwaukee County offers a wide variety of interesting jobs for people who want to make a difference in our community. Milwaukee County provides a competitive benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If disability related accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
We are searching for Changemakers to come and join our team and discover our diverse and versatile community of independent spirits and unique talents, we are redefining the way you think about Milwaukee County!
Emergency Medical Technician - EMT (PT Hourly)
Office of Emergency Management – Milwaukee, WI
Hourly Rate: $21.04 - $23.55
Posting will remain open until all open positions are filled.
The CORE (Community Oriented Regional EMS) Team is a mission-based organization with contracted EMS providers throughout the county.
Job Summary: We are seeking approximately twenty (20) part-time Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) to work in concert with advanced life support providers to triage and provide medical care at contracted community events. Expected availability for this position will be days, evenings, and occasional nights. The minimum expectation is working 120 hours per year.
- Immediately respond to requests for service when notified of an event requiring medical assessment and treatment.
- Thoroughly document the entire patient encounter consistent with expectations of Milwaukee County OEM-EMS. Accurate documentation is essential to record events, provide information for CQIP, and to provide information on risk assessments to the venues we serve.
- Complete annual LMS training as required by the county and the Office of EMS. Complete in-house training or specialized training sessions as mandated by the EMS Division.
- Work with EMS Leadership to assess risks of events and prepare equipment accordingly. Follow direction of EMS Leadership for staffing positions to provide optimal coverage for the event. Complete inventory lists and ensure equipment is functioning/stocked appropriately.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Minimum REQUIRED Qualifications
- Resident of the State of Wisconsin
- Valid driver's license which must be maintained throughout employment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- State of Wisconsin EMT certification REQUIRED at time of application.
- CPR certification required at time of application.
- Are you experienced in the use of emergency medical equipment (e.g., AED, Cardiac Monitor Defibrillator, radios)
- Basic experience with the use of personal computers
- Able to lift/carry/push/pull up to 100 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to make informed/independent decisions quickly.
- Support Milwaukee County missions with a focus on health equity
- Thorough understanding of incident command structure and functions
- ICS 100, 200, 700 and 800 certifications within 6 months of start date
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of basic Emergency Medical Terminology; knowledge of common emergency medical services forms and reports; skilled at analysis/reasoning, communication/interpretation, math/mental computation, reading, sustained mental activity (i.e., auditing, problem solving, composing reports). Ability to maintain sensitive or confidential information, explain and gather information, answer queries, or aid internal and/or external contacts. Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, reports, short correspondence, and memos.
Note: This ORIGINAL APPLICATION is open to qualified residents of the State of Wisconsin at the time of application. Candidates need to submit a full account of their training and experience (i.e., by submitting an up-to-date resume or by fully completing the application) during the application process and may also be asked to take additional written or performance tests as part of the selection process.
APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF FILING APPLICATION
PG16 (4800 OEM) K.M
Milwaukee County is committed to fostering an equitable working environment, free from discrimination and harassment, on the basis of any characteristic protected by law. We prohibit any form of discrimination, harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, pregnancy related condition, national origin, age, disability, FMLA status, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, or any other category or status that is now or in the future protected by federal, state, and local law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, background checks and pre-employment physicals subject to job requirements. If special accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
- Job Family 3 - Public Welfare
- Job Function 5 Paraprofessionals
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Milwaukee County, WI, USA
- Milwaukee, WI, USA