Highway GIS Supervisor
Interested in joining Milwaukee County? Milwaukee County is searching for authentic people who are out to change the game and bring their whole selves to work every day.
Milwaukee County oversees operations from our Airport, Behavioral Health, Child Support Enforcement, Combined Court Operations, Sheriffs Department, Community Reintegration Center, Human Services, Parks, Public Safety, Public Works, Fleet Operations, Transportation, and at the Zoo. Our departments are also dedicated to our Seniors in the Department on Aging, those with Disabilities, and Veterans Affairs. Our employees also remain committed to serve the cultural, human, recreational and social needs of the entire community.
Milwaukee County offers a wide variety of interesting jobs for people who want to make a difference in our community. Milwaukee County provides a competitive benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If disability related accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
We are searching for Changemakers to come and join our team and discover our diverse and versatile community of independent spirits and unique talents, we are redefining the way you think about Milwaukee County!
Highway GIS Supervisor
Department: Department of Transportation – Highway Maintenance
Annual Salary Range: $74,776.00 - $89,024.00/yr
Closing Date: 12/18/2023 or upon receiving 50 applications.
Under the General Direction of the Highway Project Manager, the ideal candidate will have a strong background managing and working with City Works asset management software. The primary functions of the Highway GIS Supervisor are to: Lead all of our asset maintenance and management efforts via City Works. Coordinate & update asset condition reports, oversee the construction of metadata for all geospatial data and data attributes in compliance with the content standards for digital geographic geospatial metadata. Present reports created and developed by Highway GIS Team for Geographic Information System (GIS) projects, demonstrations, and exhibitions for both internal and external groups. Coordinate response to provide routine support services. Investigate a broad complex of unplanned errors and outages, apply technical and analytical skills to acquire and install fixes and workarounds as required to maintain a stable, reliable, and accessible GIS environment. Provide technical configuration support through database and server control to maintain businesses processes. In addition, this position will supervise the GIS Analyst and GIS Tech.
- Supervise, schedule, prioritize, assign, and direct the work of the Highway GIS team.
- Assess Highway Geographic Information System (GIS) needs and plan.
- Coordinate an automated records information system for the creation and maintenance of core Milwaukee County Department of Transportation Highway GIS datasets.
- Research, formulate and recommend GIS technical standards.
- Perform the analysis of land information projects.
- Recommend and manage the design, development, and implementation of County, State, and shared assets within MCDOT Highways’ maintenance areas.
- Conduct the management of data creation and maintenance.
- Update, correct, validate, and verify core MCDOT GIS and Cityworks data.
- Plan, recommend, and coordinate City Works’ upgrades and monitor and maintain infrastructure elements.
- Oversee maintenance posting to the enterprise transportation database, including a variety of GIS assets located within MCDOT maintenance areas.
- Present and create reports and presentations developed for Geographic Information.
- Provide system and user support.
- Coordinate response to provide routine support services.
- Collaborate on county wide GIS projects and Division and Department Specific Projects.
- Provide assistance and expertise on county wide GIS projects, which include inserting new data and updating other existing field data, such as mowing maps, stormwater sewer systems, etc.
- Use of Equipment, Tools and Machinery – Operate vehicles, personal computer, GIS based equipment such as trimbles.
Required Education, License/Certification and Experiences
- Current residency within the State of Wisconsin upon application required
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License required and must be maintained throughout incumbency
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in GIS, Cartography, Geography, Computer Science or closely related field required.
- At least one (1) year or more work experience in GIS, Database Admin or Project Management required.
- At least three (3) years or more work experience in Project Management preferred.
- At least one (1) year or more of work experience in a Supervisory or Management role preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of all related computer and software applications, such as word processing and spreadsheets required.
- Advanced knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) required.
- Intermediate knowledge of CityWorks required.
- Basic knowledge of DayForce, Crystal Reports, and Infor preferred.
NOTE: This ORIGINAL APPLICATION is open to qualified residents of the State of Wisconsin at the time of application. Candidates need to submit a full account of their training and experience (i.e., by submitting an up-to-date resume or by fully completing the application) during the application process and may also be asked to take additional written or performance tests as part of the selection process.
APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF FILING APPLICATION
Milwaukee County is committed to fostering an equitable working environment, free from discrimination and harassment, on the basis of any characteristic protected by law. We prohibit any form of discrimination, harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, pregnancy related condition, national origin, age, disability, FMLA status, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, or any other category or status that is now or in the future protected by federal, state, and local law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, background checks and pre-employment physicals subject to job requirements. If special accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
- Job Family 15 - Other
- Job Function 2 Professionals
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $74,776.00
- Max Hiring Rate $89,024.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 10320 W Watertown Plank Rd, Wauwatosa, WI 53226, USA