SUMMARY: The Product Manager is primarily responsible for defining MultiTech’s products and/or services based on detailed analysis of the market and individual customer requirements. The product manager is responsible for leading a cross functional team through the product development process to meet the business case objectives. They own the P&L associated with that product and are responsible for all product lifecycle management activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the needs of the market and customer are clearly understood and well communicated to the project team and all stakeholders.
- Responsible for creating the business case and high-level project timeline to satisfy the market & customer.
- Provide leadership for a multi-disciplined project team consisting of both internal and external team members.
- Lead all product lifecycle activities. Creation & launch, growth, maturity, and end-of-life.
- Coordinate with sales, marketing, and engineering to identify and allocate resources for each major deliverable.
- Effectively communicate progress, budgets, and potential issues to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Responsible for product launch and commercialization including supply chain and manufacturing planning.
- Proactively identify issues/problems and develop and implement solutions that ensure the success of the product.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships, promote a healthy team environment to ensure effective use of all resources and provide positive resolution to conflicts.
- Identify and incubate growth opportunities with customers and look for ways to further create customer value.
- Attend in-person meetings at customer sites as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Completed post-secondary education (Bachelor of Engineering preferred) or equivalent degree.
- Knowledge of industrial IoT standards, technologies, and products & services.
- Minimum of 5-10 years product management experience including financial responsibilities.
- Electronics and wireless communication industry and market knowledge preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Product Development and Product Release Processes.
- Excellent written, spoken and presentation skills with the ability to interact effectively and tactfully with customers, team members, senior management, and external vendors.
- Must be well organized with strong attention to detail and analytics that consistently produce desired results in a timely manner.
- Proven negotiation, facilitation, conflict management skills. Ability to professionally interact with team members at all levels.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions.
- Strong financial knowledge and business acumen.
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, Canada, 1 Marmac Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada