Senior Hardware Test Engineer - Fixed-Term
* Please note that this is a fixed-term position, beginning in September 2023 until approximately June/July 2024, with possibility of contract extension. *
SUMMARY: Lead the development of hardware (primary) and software solutions for testing and validation of electro-mechanical products. Support full product life cycle through test automation, manufacturing efficiency, and quality assurance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development of hardware (primary) and software solutions for new product validation, and manufacturing test.
- Design, assemble, and debug manual and automated test fixtures for PCBA and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Develop scripts and software for automatic test control and data gathering.
- Assess test equipment requirements and select appropriate solutions for
- Create and execute detailed test plans.
- Generate comprehensive test reports and in-depth analyses.
- Participate in design reviews and provide feedback centered on DFT and DFM.
- Participate in DFMEA reviews and provide input from the perspective of quality/test.
- Support manufacturing by analyzing test coverage, yield improvement, and test time optimization.
- Perform root cause failure analysis of customer returns.
- Establish strategies for collecting, storing, and managing test data.
- Develop and support relationships with 3rd party companies.
- Adhere to quality system standards, ESD requirements and safety rules pertaining to the job.
- Adhere to Multi-Tech rules and policies and provide leadership through training and example.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
8+ years experience with validation or production test development for PCBA based electronics.
- Good technical documentation skills (test plans, test reports, flow charts, block diagrams, etc.)
- Good understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering fundamentals.
- Experience with creating and analyzing electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and mechanical drawings.
- Experience with programming and scripting languages for test automation (LabVIEW, C, C#, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of wireless protocols (LoRaWAN, Bluetooth, cellular, NB-IoT, WiFi, etc.)
- Knowledge of communication interfaces (USB, I2C, SPI, UART, RS-232, RS-485, Ethernet, etc.)
- Familiar with use of lab equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.)
- Familiar with design software (Altium Designer, OrCAD, Eagle, etc.)
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Lean Principles is an asset.
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, Canada, 1 Marmac Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada