STEP 2 - PHS AND DOCUMENT UPLOAD - JANUARY 20, 2024
PHS Link: https://cms9files.revize.com/templetx/Human%20resources/PD%20Recruiting/TemplePD%20PHS%206.15.2023.pdf
- Completed Personal History Statement
- Social Security card
- Birth certificate
- Driver's License
- High School transcript or GED transcript (Diplomas not accepted)
- College Transcript or college transcripts (if applicable-Diplomas not accepted)
- Proof of current/active automobile liability insurance
- Documents related to marriage, divorce, or child support (if applicable)
- DD-214 and/or other military discharge documents with Honorable Discharge (if applicable)
- Naturalization papers (if applicable)
- Peace Officer Certificate from your police academy (Peace Officer Applicants with prior LE Service Only)
- TCOLE Record for Texas peace officer license (if applicable)
- TCOLE approved Firearms Qualifications within the last 12 months (if applicable)
Time: 9:00 A.M.
Location: Temple Police Department: 209 E Avenue A, Temple, TX 76501
BASE SALARY: $33.8943/hourly - Effective 9/29/2023, uniforms furnished – (Non-Certified Officers and TCOLE Certified Officers with LESS than one-year prior service as a police officer)
No Law Enforcement Experience - $5,500
3+ Years Law Enforcement experience - $7,500
In-State TCOLE Certified Officer - $15,000
Applicants certified by the State of Texas as a police officer with MORE than THREE (3) years of continuous service are eligible for a sign-on incentive and will be evaluated as outlined in the Meet & Confer Agreement between the City of Temple, TX and the Temple Police Association and placed in the appropriate pay scale.
Upon completion of the required probationary period, police officers receive pre-set step increases based on years of service with the Temple Police Department through YEAR SEVEN (7);one year below highest step per Meet & Confer Agreement.
SIGN-ON INCENTIVE: Applicants certified by the State of Texas as a police officer with MORE than THREE (3) years of continuous service are eligible for a sign-on incentive and will be evaluated as outlined in the Civil Service Local Rules and placed in the appropriate pay scale.
- Job Family Civil Service - Police
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $33.89
- Temple, TX, USA