Community Service Officer - Records Clerk
The Records Clerk reviews reports and reconciles UCR / SCIBRS submissions, processes expungements, assists the public by taking reports, troubleshoots a variety of calls from the public and administration; performs a variety of clerical and secretarial work in maintaining the department’s records as well as aiding the public, vendors, attorneys, and other professionals. This position works 8-hour shifts Monday - Friday when the Town is open between 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Processes reports in the department; collates, edits, and distributes reports, administrative and operational documents and related forms. Migrates reports submitted through the Citizen Online Portal.
- Maintains the department’s files, automated data systems, and record holding systems.
- Reconciles and submits SLED validations from EIS report management system.
- Works with the Town Prosecutor and Assistant Prosecutor in obtaining and distributing information.
- Assists the general public and distributes police records in accordance with state law and established policy and procedures.
- Expunges all records from the system that have been court ordered.
- Maintains all collision report data.
- Completes incident reports for non-violent crimes that have previously occurred.
- Testifies in court proceedings when necessary.
- Answers and forwards incoming telephone calls as appropriate and greets citizens in the lobby to provide information and answer routine questions; posts related information in accordance with department procedures; accepts monies from the public for reports and background checks.
- Assists with FOIA requests as needed.
- Provides reports to governmental offices (DSS, Homeland Security, FBI NICS, etc.)
- Performs other related assigned duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school degree
- CJIS certification required upon hire.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $19.33
- South Carolina, USA