Community Service Officer - NCIC
JOB SUMMARY :
Community Service Officer 3 - NCIC Responsible for the 24-hour operation of the NCIC terminal located at the Mount Pleasant Police Department; receiving, entering, and retrieving information from the NCIC terminal; receiving non-emergency administrative calls that will be transferred or entered into our CAD system for dispatch; aiding the public when necessary to assist the Records Specialists during busy times. This position works either a set 8-hour shift Monday – Friday or 12-hour shifts during the weekend with the option to “float” two 8-hour shifts between Monday – Friday, depending on shift availability at the time of hire.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Continuously monitors, enters, clears, locates, cancels, second party checks, and modifies wanted persons, missing persons, articles, guns, vehicles, and license plates in the NCIC database and the records management system (EIS).
- Maintains, disseminates, controls, and enters warrants into the NCIC database.
- Responds and disseminates information to government and various law enforcement agencies upon requests.
- Receives, responds, and handles both urgent and routine hits (YR/YQ) relating to wanted persons, articles, vehicles, and guns.
- Correctly reads, understands, and communicates the contents of a NCIC III criminal history for use in packages, officer safety issues, crime enhancements, and other processes requiring NCIC restricted information.
- Collects disseminates, and files all necessary paperwork to support NCIC documents.
- Enters non-emergency calls into CAD as necessary.
- Performs monthly validations of NCIC records.
- Monitors police radio traffic and assist officers when requested on the Records administrative channel.
- Handles FBI NICS correspondence that comes across the NCIC terminal.
- Provides RAP and DMV Information to officers, clerk of court and the town attorney.
- Handles officers court docket request in preparation for court their respective court dates.
- Provides Clerk of Court and Town Solicitor with NCIC information as needed.
- Assists with incoming phone calls, routing calls or taking messages.
- Attains NCIC certification within 6 months of hire.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High School diploma or GED;
- CJIS certification required upon hire.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $19.33
- Mt Pleasant, SC, USA