Transportation Engineer - Engineering and Development Services
The Transportation Engineer is responsible for a variety of traffic and transportation engineering functions for the purpose of assisting the Capital Projects and Transportation Division with project and program management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in managing the Town’s annual Traffic Calming Program and Traffic AADT Count Program;
- Manages the Town’s Sidewalk Capital Improvement Project selection and construction;
- Assists with traffic studies to include safety audits, warrant analysis, and other related studies;
- Assists with selection and potential management of Transportation Sales Tax (TST) and Charleston County Transportation Committee (CTC) projects;
- Reviews and updates Town ordinances pertaining to Traffic Codes and other related regulations;
- Assists with on-going implementation of the Town’s Street Sign Replacement Program, to include preparation of plans in GIS, recommendations for sign removal/replacement, and field evaluations and inspections;
- Responds to citizen requests for information or concerns related to transportation or traffic issues;
- Performs other related assigned duties.
- Upon attainment of the PE license, employee will receive an additional $4,000.
- Individuals who already have a PE will receive this additional compensation as part of their starting salary.
- 37.5 hour work week
- Potential for working remotely up to two (2) days a week
- Possibility for flex time scheduling
- Employee Healthcare Facility
- Employee Fitness Facility
- Employee Wellness Program
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Science and Management with one (1) year of work experience in the Transportation or Traffic discipline(s) or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Currently possesses an EIT certification and will obtain PE license within 4 years.
- Valid South Carolina drivers license.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $59,085.00
- Max Hiring Rate $73,866.00
- South Carolina, USA