Grounds and Events Specialist - Public Services
The Grounds and Events Specialist is responsible for leading and managing the work of assigned skilled and unskilled employees engaged in cleaning and maintenance of public buildings, equipment, grounds, and recreation facilities as well as supporting Town special events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads and manages assigned personnel in order to complete all tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Plans for manpower, equipment, and material required to complete assigned tasks.
- Keeps the Supervisor abreast of all pertinent issues pertaining to employees, equipment, material, and facilities.
- Ensures assigned personnel follow safe work procedures and practices at all times; conducts employee safety training as required.
- Assigns work duties to assigned personnel for each project.
- Recommends employee disciplinary action when required and assists the Foreman in the completion of employee evaluations.
- Performs manual labor and operates departmental equipment as necessary.
- Inspects and maintains Town grounds
- Sets up and cleans up for Town events
- Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma
- Three (3) years prior work experience
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- CDL Preferred
To deliver superior performance in a manner that is distinctive and impactful to each person served and that establishes a standard for quality that endures for generations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $21.25
- Max Hiring Rate $26.56
- Mt Pleasant, SC, USA