Fabricator/Polisher - Countertops
At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we’ve been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today’s Best places to work, and here a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no layoffs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreams and a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
Pay Range: $19.79 - 24.54 hourly
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
Do you enjoy paying attention to all details, no matter how small? As NFM’s Fabricator/Polisher you will fabricate and hand polish granite and quartz materials to correct defects or prepare surfaces for further processing. You’re looking to make sure fabrication/polishing standards are met and ensuring great quality comes out of each piece.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Monitor Measure and mark equipment, objects, or parts to ensure grinding and polishing standards are met
- Manage Ensure all equipment/machinery are in proper working order and thoroughly inspect products to ensure quality finish
- Safety Ensure work area is clear of debris that may compromise safety of work area and staff. Safely load and adjust materials onto equipment or work tables
- Assist Identify, report, and take positive steps to correct any safety/security deficiencies
- Quality Repair and face polish stone surface materials. Grind, clean or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that’s what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 2-4 years or polisher experience
- Lamination and hand fabrication experience
- Ability to repair and face polish
- Ability to read and interpret fabrication drawings
- Ability to lift, push, pull required weights per established requirements for the department
- Ability to work nights, weekends and/or early morning hours based on business needs
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn’t limited to, criminal background check
Benefits: What’s in It for You?
As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Same day pay - access to your earned pay on-demand, when you need it the most
- Competitive pay - generous annual increases up to 7%
- Inclusive culture – Because everyone who works or shops at NFM should feel right at home
- Health, dental, vision, life Insurance, short and long term disability
- Paid holidays (upon hire) and paid time off (after 90 days)
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff have saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Virtual and in-person career development opportunities at all levels
- Paid community volunteer opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- You’ll start saving for your retirement immediately in NFM’s 401(k) and you’re eligible for company match after one year. NFM’s 401(k) also offers Berkshire Stock as an investment option
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family Install
- Job Function Non-Manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Omaha, 700 S 72nd Street, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America