IT Business Relationship and Project Manager
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Resources (NJR) is seeking an IT Business Relationship and Project Manager to be responsible for partnering with the business and delivering strategic IT investments for NJR. The role supports corporate and IT strategies and contributes to business opportunities based on a deep understanding of the organizational business model and emerging technologies. By collaborating with internal Business users, IT peers, technology vendors and industry leaders to plan, execute, and deploy innovative technology solutions that drive operational excellence, profitability and enable business strategy. The incumbent collaborates with the business and IT Leadership to develop technology investment plans, and proposals and business cases and leads the delivery and implementation of the solution using the NJR IT project management methodology as defined by the IT Project Management Office.
- Business Relationship Management
- Collaborates with senior leadership from business units, support service departments and IT to formulate business goals that are enabled by technology
- Works with the business, service and product providers and IT to identify opportunities and build a strategy/vision to provide technology recommendations that meet or exceed business objectives
- Participates in the governance of the client IT portfolio management practices for the business area IT investments
- Drives co-innovation, pre-commitment proposals and business case development and submissions for approval
- Project Management
- Coordinates internal resources and third parties/vendors for the successful execution of projects
- Ensures that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, within budget and meets or exceeds business outcomes
- Works with other IT Leaders to ensure resource availability and allocation
- Maintains all project artifacts and keeps the Project Management system updated
- Develops detailed project plans to track and report progress
- Develops executive level Project on a Page status reporting for Executive and Steering Committee level meetings
- Uses appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs
- Measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks and escalates to management as needed
- Establishes and maintains relationships with third parties/vendors during project execution
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation as defined by the IT Project Management Office
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, information systems, engineering, or another related technical subject
- Graduate degree in information systems or related discipline is preferred
- 5-10 or years of experience working within a Business and Technical Environment or 10+ years working within a Business and Technical Environment.
- At least 5-10 years of demonstrated experience working as an IT project manager in a matrix environment, working with clients and 3rd parties (internal or external).
- At least 5-10 years of IT application development, business analysis, and experience working with enterprise architecture, infrastructure, and/or quality assurance.
- Strong business acumen that enables the ability to develop strategy, process capabilities, enabling technologies, and associated investment governance.
- Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization, both written and verbal communications as well as visualizations and associated tools.
- Excellent project management skills. Demonstrated experience in organizing and initiating, planning, and executing large-scale projects from the envisioning stage through to implementation, involving internal cross-functional personnel, contractors, and vendors.
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC): Waterfall, Agile or a combination of both.
- Proven experience in using popular project management and collaboration tools e.g., Workfront, Microsoft Project, Azure DevOps, or Jira.
- Experience collaborating, negotiating, presenting to leadership stakeholders.
- Experience in estimating, forecasting, financial management and business case development.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects that support the Finance, Human Resources, Risk, Procurement and/or Legal business units is strongly preferred
- Utilities, Pipeline, Energy Generation industry experience is a plus
- Team player with the ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus. Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent leadership and consultative skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
- PMI certification/training
- Experience leading in a matrix environment
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- Job Function Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America