Project Engineer II
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
NJR Clean Energy Ventures (CEV), a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources (NJR) is seeking a Project Engineer II to provide assistance in the execution of the CEV project plan including the review of the electrical design drawings and calculations for various renewable energy projects, the development of new opportunities, and the oversight of the construction and implementation of multiple renewable energy projects.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions
• Lead the review and provide comments for electrical design drawings and vendor equipment drawings including array layouts, site electrical distribution plan, one-lines, and grounding drawings
• Lead the review and provide comments for the electrical calculations including short circuit, cable and conduit sizing, grounding, voltage drop, incident energy, and relay coordination
• Conduct field inspections, which require the interpretation and implementation of contract specifications and drawings, and report any deficiencies
• Assist in the development of electrical equipment and installation specifications
• Attend factory witness testing for electrical equipment
• Lead the commissioning and testing program for new commercial solar projects
• Oversee the development of the array layouts and provide layout drawings using ACAD
• Bachelors degree in Engineering required (Mechanical, electrical, or civil preferred)
• At least four to eight years' experience working with an engineering design firm or construction management firm with an emphasis in renewable energy projects and electrical power system design
• Experience in commercial solar projects and solar array design is preferred
• Experience with the National Electrical Code and electrical standards
• Knowledge of electrical equipment, including, medium voltage switchgear, generators, inverters and transformers are preferred
• AutoCAD and PVSyst software experience preferred
• MS Office proficiency and effective communication skills required
• Ability to scale NJRCEV assets is necessary and access rooftops
• Travel required - 25% - 35%
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- Job Function Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Wall Township, NJ, USA