IT Manager - Disaster Recovery (Hybrid)
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
The Disaster Recovery (DR) Information Technology Manager is responsible for the overall management of the disaster recovery plan including annual business unit system exercises, execution, strategy, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures.
Direct IT disaster response and crisis management activities in compliance with the IT portion of the Business Continuity Plan. Coordinate activities with all areas of IT, Business Continuity group, business liaisons and outside vendors to ensure that all systems are captured, catalogued and documented. Plan, coordinate and execute regularly scheduled disaster recovery tests.
• Build and maintain a robust Disaster Recovery strategy working with the Business Continuity team to ensure that the disaster recovery (crisis management) and business continuity plans support the overall Business Continuity Strategy
• Management of Disaster Recovery plan and associated annual business unit exercises
• Schedule and lead all DR exercises, including any non-business hours and weekend work
• Manage and maintain the recovery plan data for the enterprise, including but not limited to emergency contacts, processes, audit documentation and business impact analysis
• Creates and maintains all policies, procedures and runbooks related to the and Disaster Recovery; ensures that all documentation is updated
• Responsible working with the Business Continuity team to ensure that the disaster recovery and business continuity plans support the overall Business Continuity Strategy
• Regularly report Disaster Recovery activities including KPI’s, risk management, mitigation, and prevention to IT Leadership and Business Continuity teams
• Creates goals and completes performance evaluation for assigned employees
• Handles Annual Operating Plan (budget), requests for proposals, quotes, purchase orders, invoicing, accruals and forecasting
• Develop, implement and test disaster recovery procedures and plans and maintain documentation
• Create and maintain disaster recovery and high availability testing and metric reports
• Ensure required disaster recovery documentation is distributed and available for the IT and Business Continuity teams
• Point of contact for auditing and examination of disaster recovery processes and documentation
• Act as technical liaison between business units, vendors, facilities and partners
• Work with all members of the IT and Business Continuity teams to ensure that disaster recovery solutions are adequate, in place, maintained and tested as part of the regular operational life cycle
• Coordinate with application delivery teams for end-to-end disaster recovery testing at business service level
• Facilitate periodic tabletop exercises to test recovery plans and rehearse team roles and responsibilities
• Keeps up to date with system best practices; proactively investigates new technologies in respect to disaster recovery planning, testing, execution and design
• Regularly report Disaster Recovery activities including risk management, mitigation and prevention to IT leadership team
• Daily management of the DR staff; promotes diversity, teamwork and collaboration with an emphasis on quality, customer satisfaction, creativity and cost effectiveness
• Requires Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Security or a related IT field
• 3 - 5 years management of technical support staff experience 5 years in Disaster Recovery /Business Continuity experience
• Certification in Certified Disaster Recovery Engineer (C/DRE) CBCP (Certified Business Continuity Professional) is preferred
• Understanding of current recovery solutions, high availability architectures, LAN, system administration and monitoring and mainframe architectures are needed as is knowledge of crisis communication solutions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey plans, exercises and activities; ability to interact with technical and non-technical staff
• Experience managing large projects, using PMI standard methods and tools
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel for presentation, graphing, charting and reporting
• Ability to manage engagements, working with internal and external resources with confidence
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgement
• Ability to multi-task, analyze and solve problems quickly with attention to detail
Position is Hybrid, with 3 days onsite in Wall, NJ office, 2 days remote.
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- Job Function Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Wall Township, NJ, USA