Sr Project Engineer (Solar/Energy)
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
NJR Clean Energy Ventures (CEV), a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources (NJR) is seeking Sr. Project Engineer (Solar/Energy) to manage NJR CEV project plans including the execution of engineering and construction RFPs, and the construction and implementation of multiple commercial solar, wind and CHP projects. Develop and implement program standards and oversee major Operations and Maintenance (O&M) outages and wind assets.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions
• Oversee construction with Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC), landlord and tenants to ensure completion on time and within budget for projects ranging from 2mw to 150mw, up to $150 million dollars. May oversee 1-4 projects entailing oversight of project management personnel at site locations.
• Manage and coordinate negotiation and documentation of EPC agreements for all clean energy platforms.
• Lead a team of technical and project management professionals in the construction of various clean energy platforms.
• Manage procurement (if any) to ensure timely completion within budget.
• Oversee the review and approval of electrical and construction engineering plans.
• Oversee the implementation of major O&M outages for various Clean Energy Ventures.
• Develop and approve commissioning test plans.
• Oversee commissioning testing program, construction permitting and interconnection process.
• Manage all landowner issues at the various project sites.
• Assist with the preparation of various reports and presentations for senior NJR management.
• Maintain effective internal and external contacts.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering required (mechanical, electrical or civil preferred)
• Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience working with and leading various engineering and construction teams
• Experience in working on solar and energy project implementations
• Professional Engineer or Project Management Professional Certification preferred
• MS Office proficiency and effective communication skills
• Travel required– 25-35%
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- Job Function Sr. Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Wall Township, NJ, USA