Project Engineer III - Solar/Renewable Energy
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
NJR Clean Energy Ventures (CEV), a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources (NJR) is seeking a Project Engineer III to provide oversight of the construction and implementation of multiple renewable energy projects and to the development of specifications in execution of the Clean Energy Ventures project plan. Provide reviews of the electrical design drawings and calculations for various renewable energy projects. Assist with the development of new opportunities.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions
• Review and provide comments for electrical design drawings and vendor equipment drawings including array layouts, site electrical distribution plan, one-lines, and grounding drawings
• Review and provide comments for the electrical calculations including short circuit, cable and conduit sizing, grounding, voltage drop, incident energy, and relay coordination
• Assist in the construction management of commercial solar projects to ensure that projects are installed in accordance with the contract, the design drawings and our standards
• Conduct field inspections, which require the interpretation and implementation of contract specifications and drawings. Report any deficiencies and direct the contractor to effect remediation. Follow up with contractors on remediation activities.
• Development of electrical equipment and installation specifications
• Attend factory witness testing for electrical equipment
• Oversee the commissioning and testing program for new commercial solar projects
• Review PVSyst calculations
• Bachelors degree in Engineering required (mechanical, electrical, or civil preferred)
• At least eight years' experience working with an engineering design firm or construction management firm with an emphasis in electrical power system design
• Experience with commercial solar projects and solar array design preferred
• Experience with the National Electrical Code and electrical standards
• Experience in the design and procurement of electrical equipment, including, medium voltage switchgear, generators, inverters and step-up transformers
• PVSyst software experience and at least two three years of AutoCAD experience preferred
• MS Office proficiency and effective communication skills required
• Ability to scale NJRCEV assets and access rooftops
• Travel required - 25% - 35%
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- Job Function Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Wall Township, NJ, USA