Lead SCADA Engineer
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
Adelphia Gateway, a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources is seeking a Lead SCADA Engineer to oversee, maintain, and update the company’s pipeline Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system, its network data servers, WAN, PC's, printers, and related IT infrastructure to ensure secure and uninterrupted operations. Plan, design, develop, document, coordinate, and implement change to the SCADA system to support pipeline operational changes and engineering projects. Work closely with Control Center Operations to maintain reliable and secure communications with remote PLCs that monitor and control various pipelines and ensures that reliable historical data is available for reports. Recommend system changes and upgrades based on new technologies and best practices to maintain secure and optimally operating systems.
- Ensures maximum reliability and uptime of the SCADA system, 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
- Installs, configures, and supports SCADA applications to provide the required level of functionality for Company operations.
- Supervises SCADA Technician(s) in installing, configuring, and supporting SCADA applications.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of database, network and reporting systems associated with the primary and backup SCADA control centers. Provides scheduled and non-scheduled installation and maintenance on computer systems.
- Maintains applications that support or are supported by the SCADA system. These include applications for pipeline product management, simulation training, alarm management, leak monitoring, database management, etc.
- Works with the Measurement Analyst on the creation and distribution of operational data reports.
- Investigates, analyzes, and corrects complex SCADA systems related problems. This includes determining if the problem is related to computer software, computer hardware, the network, communications or outside factors.
- Works with Cybersecurity and NJRIT on security and system upgrades to the SCADA system and network.
- Assists the Measurement Analyst, Measurement Technician, and I&E technicians with troubleshooting.
- Stays abreast of industry regulations and updates and maintains a high level of technical proficiency to proactively support the needs of operations.
- Provides ad hoc reporting of SCADA data from active and historical servers and maintains requisite data.
- Responsible for management of Control Room Management (CRM) software: TiPS Logmate reporting.
- Develops SCADA operational pages, creates system reports and maintains historical and real-time databases.
- Provides reports and operational data to various departments and/or agencies.
- Interfaces with O&M personnel in support and enhancement of SCADA systems and coordinates system upgrades to minimize operational impacts.
- Responds to emergency calls and call-ins on a 24/7 basis.
- Supports and implements appropriate SCADA security measures. Maintains computer hardware, communication equipment, and other associated technology. Makes software and hardware improvements as necessary. Coordinates with IT as needed.
- Maintains hardware/software asset lists; assists in the development and implementation of departmental SCADA procedures such as making back-up copies of control programming. Ensures consistent configuration, protocols, and procedures are used in the SCADA network.
- Communicates effectively with supervisors and managers to assure that the service delivered meets the needs of operations.
- Oversees the installation, configuration of remote telemetry units, switches, and routers. Monitors the same for any errors or failures and addresses accordingly.
- Updates, maintains, and troubleshoots Windows OS. Troubleshoots network communications failures and directs the solutions. 24x7 support required.
- Assists Engineering and Operations in developing pipeline automation procedures.
- Coordinates SCADA and IT services vendors to resolve issues requiring external support.
- Reviews, designs, tests, and implements SCADA graphics changes as requested.
- Supports the Pipeline Training Simulator and link to SCADA and assists with the development of training simulations.
- Schedules and monitors annual security audits on the SCADA system. Addresses security issues per company guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Performs related job duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other related field, or the combined equivalent in education and experience
- A minimum of five years of experience working with SCADA control systems and/or related Operational Technology systems
- Experience with Aveva, OSI PI, MS SQL, TELVENT Oasys or DNA, Cisco ISO, and TCP/IP networking and security as well as scripting and programming experience is preferred
- Must have a thorough understanding of network topologies, SCADA network protocols, database development and Control Center needs associated with data acquisition in control center operations
- Proficiency in MS Windows server and desktop operating systems
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience with Telvent OASyS DNA SCADA Systems or related architectures
- Experience with SCADA protocols including Modbus, OPC, DNP et.al
- Experience working with pipeline SCADA control systems
- Experience with HMI setup and maintenance
- Valid PA driver’s license or the ability to obtain this in a timely manner
- Approximately 20% travel required in support of other NJR Storage and Transportation facilities
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- Martins Creek, PA 18013, USA
- Pottstown, PA 19464, USA