Assistant Project Manager I
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
NJR Clean Energy Ventures, a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources is seeking a an Assistant Project Manager I to assist the Project Manager with the review and execution of construction RFPs (request for proposal) and EPCs (engineering, procurement and construction) for the various distributed power projects. Provide oversight of the construction and implementation of multiple renewable energy projects and to the development of multiple renewable energy opportunities in execution of the Clean Energy Ventures project plan.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions
• Oversee the construction of all capital projects (renewable energy, solar, etc.) while working closely with our external “third party” to ensure that projects are completed as designed, budgeted and scheduled
• Effectively represent the company and maintain relationships with EPC contractors, owner’s representatives and property owners through, inspections, system overviews and technical support meetings
• Conduct inspections, including the interpretation and implementation of contract specifications
• Record any deficiencies and punch list items, and direct the contractor to effect remediation
• Oversee electrical and construction plans
• Oversee the commissioning and testing program for new commercial solar, wind, and CHP projects
• Actively manage the permitting and interconnection process to closeout
• Assist with the preparation of various reports and presentations for senior NJR management
• Maintain effective internal and external contacts; work in the spirit of cooperation that fosters teamwork and a sense of responsibility
• Review contracts and exhibits during the contractual phase and work with contractors to determine targeted project milestones
• Provide support to CEV’s Business Development during the preliminary phase and conduct due diligence to determine feasibility of all renewable energy projects
• Bachelors degree in Engineering plus a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in project management or related field; or the combined equivalent of education and experience
• A working knowledge of larger commercial solar projects and a proficiency of smaller residential solar applications
• MS Office proficiency and strong communication skills
• Travel required – 50%-75%
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
This position is hybrid in our Wall, NJ office (3 days onsite, 2 days remote)
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran or other protected status.
- Job Function Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Wall Township, NJ, USA