Standards Engineer I
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG), a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources is seeking a Standards Engineer to be responsible for maintaining company standards and specifications for distribution integrity management, transmission integrity, corrosion control and materials standardization.
- Revise, update and communicate company procedures to reflect changes and improvements in operations
- Support company and contractor training efforts in the areas of pipeline Integrity and corrosion control, to ensure procedures are followed
- Support Quality and Standards in evaluating new products and/or processes
- Maintain Operator Qualification for task assigned to departments including Transmission Integrity Management Program, Distribution Integrity Management Program and Cathodic Protection.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following approved safety requirements and using company-issued safety equipment
- Plan and control work activities to help provide an accident-free workplace
- Troubleshoot defective materials and ineffective work processes
- Maintain a list of gas materials tested, approved, and rejected for submission to Procedures and Materials committee, and provide other administrative support
- Provide support to the procurement team in creating materials list
- Conduct random inspection of company and contractor storerooms to confirm stocked materials are approved for use in company gas distribution system
- Perform annual risk and threat assessments under distribution integrity program
- Prepare regulatory reports including damage to company facilities per guidelines
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering is required.
- A minimum of 0 to 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience in the natural gas utility industry is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in pipeline safety regulations is a plus.
- Must have proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and technical writing.
This position is deemed safety-sensitive under the U.S. Department of Transportation Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration’s regulations. Among other things, employees in this position are subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing, random testing, reasonable suspicion testing and post-accident testing. PHMSA-required drug tests include testing for marijuana. The use of marijuana, or testing positive for marijuana, is disqualifying and will lead to removal from performing safety-sensitive functions as well as disciplinary action.
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- Job Function Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Maude-Wall, NJ, 1420 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America