Paint Prepper Technician
The Semi Truck & Auto Body Paint Prepper Technician is responsible for repairs on new original equipment manufactured (OEM), warranty claims and standard collision repairs on Semi Trucks, Construction Equipment, Service Vehicles. The successful candidate will perform in an effective and efficient manner while focusing on communication, quality, and organization.
- Daily hands on support and training by our Team of expert technicians, clean state of the art shop facilities, tools, and technology
- Shop management and supervision are highly experienced technicians
- Safe work environment including tools, equipment, and safety training for all employees
- Continuous Mack and Volvo factory product training and development
- Industry leading wages, benefits, and hiring bonus
- This position is a full time 40/hour per week, hourly based.
- Flexible schedule(s) based upon individual and business needs.
- Relocation assistance for qualified individuals
Please visit our website at www.nussgrp.com/careers or text "East Bethel" to 651-478-2549 for more information.
- Prepare all assigned Vehicles/Projects for the refinishing processes, support Paint Technicians by completing all paint preparation processes for Vehicle/Projects according to factory specification per written repair.
- Prepare process will include, Inspection for flaws, dents, or imperfections, prewash, sanding, tapping, masking and minor body repair with a high level of quality.
Maintain, organize and clean workspace, including changing of booth filters.
- Ensure that all paint operations are complete, all masking is removed, and all prior paint-related disassembly has been reassembled prior to returning the vehicle/project to body technician.
- Spot buff and/or polish complete as needed.
- Work closely with Paint technicians and production team to meet deadlines.
- Assist Paint technician in other areas as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Read and comprehend English
- Pass a pre-hire background check and drug screen.
- 1-3+ years of related employment experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- I-CAR PPG, Axalta certified; preferred but not required.
- Requires standing, climbing stairs, and ladders frequently during the shift
- Requires lifting parts weighing up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to communicate well with others
- Excellent time management skills required
- Able to work independently and with teams effectively
- Pay Type Hourly
- East Bethel, MN, USA