Diesel Mechanic / Technician
***Sign on bonuses of up to $10,000 for well qualified individuals***
As a Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Technician / Mechanic, you will perform all types of repairs and diagnostics on heavy duty trucks and construction equipment at our Eau Claire, Wisconsin location.
- Daily hands on support and training by our Team of expert Diesel Technician / Mechanic - master technicians, clean state of the art shop facilities, tools, and technology
- Shop management and supervision are highly experienced master level technicians
- Safe work environment including tools, equipment, and safety training for all employees
- Continuous Mack and Volvo factory product training and development
- Industry leading wages, benefits, and hiring bonus!
- Relocation assistance for qualified individuals!
Please visit our website at www.nussgrp.com or text "NussJobs" to 52345.
Diesel Mechanic / Technician Responsibilities:
- Repair, overhaul, and perform routine maintenance on diesel Trucks and Equipment according to factory specifications
- Inspect and repair engines, drivetrain, hydraulic, fuel, air, electrical, HVAC, brakes and suspension (actual job assignments based on abilities)
- New vehicle inspection and final assembly including factory warranty repairs and computer diagnostics and programming
- Move customer trucks and equipment in and out of work bays, drive customer and Nuss vehicles as needed for test drives (employees with CDL)
- Follows all safety regulations and policies. Works safely.
- Meets all federal, Minnesota state, and local regulations.
- Performs work as outlined on repair orders efficiently and accurately in accordance with dealership, factory, and customer standards.
- Utilize testing equipment, precision instruments and gauges, hand tools, portable power tools, cranes, and hoists as needed.
- Maintains a clean and professional work environment including tools, equipment, shop and service truck to high appearance standards. Completes all required electronic and other documentation as required by Nuss, customers, and suppliers.
- Attends factory sponsored training classes as required.
Diesel Mechanic / Technician Requirements:
- 3 years minimum full time truck, equipment or equivalent industry technician and /or mechanic experience.
- Diesel Technician / Mechanic / Equipment Technical school certification or equivalent experience.
- Must have valid driver's license with a clear driving record, CDL helpful.
- Able to stand and be physically active the majority of the work day.
- Lifting up to 70 pounds.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Excellent basic mechanical and problem-solving skills and awareness.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to use a computer and calculator.
- Able to read and comprehend instructions in English.
- Ability to communicate orally in writing in English with customers, vendors, co-workers.
- 1st: 7am to 3:30p + Saturday rotation
- 2nd: 3:30pm to 12a midnight.
- Saturdays, 7:00am to 3:30pm.
- Shifts may vary based upon location and business needs.
Earn top tier wages, match your vacation and enjoy the security of a premium benefits package and generous hiring bonus with Nuss Truck & Equipment the 2017 American Truck Dealer of the year. Nuss is one of the largest providers of both OTR and vocational trucks combined with world class Volvo Construction Equipment including paving products and service in the Midwest. Our award-winning sales and service teams support all segments of the transportation and construction industry. We have expanded to nine strategic dealership locations in Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud, Roseville, Burnsville, Duluth, East Bethel and Monticello Minnesota, and Eau Claire Wisconsin. Many Nuss staff members have over 25 years of experience providing highest level customer care and experience.
Nuss Truck & Equipment offers a very competitive benefits package. We offer medical insurance, generous monthly HSA contribution, dental insurance, matching 401k, voluntary life insurance, tuition reimbursement program, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and direct deposit. We will match your current vacation/PTO hours if you join our team!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Nuss Truck & Equipment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Job Start Date Thursday, August 31, 2023
- Eau Claire, WI, USA