Field Service Technician
***Sign on bonuses of up to $10,000 for well qualified individuals***
As a Field Service / Heavy Construction Equipment Mechanic / Technician you will diagnose, repair or overhaul, and maintain heavy construction equipment in the field. Equipment includes compactors, excavators, loaders, dozers, and other heavy construction equipment. Major components and parts include; diesel engines and power plants, hydraulic, electrical, computer / software, and body / structural items. In addition:
- Daily hands on support and training by our Team of expert Field Technician / Mechanic - master technicians, clean state of the art shop facilities, tools, technology, and service trucks.
- Shop management and supervision are highly experienced master level technicians
- Safe work environment including tools, equipment, and safety training for all employees
- Continuous Volvo factory product training and development
- Industry leading wages, benefits, and hiring bonuses.
- Relocation assistance for qualified individuals.
Please visit our website at www.nussgrp.com or text “NussJobs" to 52345.
- Receives repair orders from Dispatch or Service Advisor.
- Performs work as outlined on repair orders efficiently and accurately in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses other issues and repairs equipment.
- Performs safety and maintenance checks.
- Utilize testing equipment, precision instruments and gauges, hand tools, portable power tools, cranes and hoists as needed.
- Equipment Technician services and repairs fuel injection systems, exhaust systems, cooling systems, air conditioning systems, lubrication systems, engine control systems, major internal engine repairs or overhaul, installation and alignment of engines and machinery.
- Services and repairs drive trains, hydraulic transmissions, power take-offs, tracked vehicle suspensions and steering, vehicle brake systems, wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering.
- Tests repaired equipment for satisfactory performance including road tests.
- Follows all safety regulations and policies. Works safely.
- Follows federal, state and local regulations governing hazardous waste disposal.
- Proactively communicates job progress to service advisor and customer as needed.
- Equipment Technician communicates with Parts Department to obtain needed parts for repair.
- Completes service reports and other documentation as required by Nuss and/or customer.
- Attends factory sponsored training classes as required.
- Keeps abreast of and applies factory technical bulletins.
- Cleans tools, equipment, shop and service truck for acceptable appearance
- Services other attachments and tools as needed
- Completes service reports and other documentation as required by Nuss and/or customer
- Two-year technical school degree in Diesel/Heavy Equipment or equivalent experience
- Two to three years of relevant diesel equipment repair. Prefer 5 -7 years or more of relevant diesel equipment repair.
- Excellent trouble-shooting ability with heavy equipment.
- Solid knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, transmissions, electrical, fuel and other systems.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to represent the company with professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced, high stress environment.
- Must be able to obtain a CDL class B and Health Card in accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Must possess clean driving record.
- Ability to be on call
Earn top tier wages, match your vacation and enjoy the security of a premium benefits package and generous hiring bonus with Nuss Truck & Equipment the 2017 American Truck Dealer of the year. Nuss is one of the largest providers of both OTR and vocational trucks combined with world class Volvo Construction Equipment including paving products and service in the Midwest. Our award-winning sales and service teams support all segments of the transportation and construction industry. We have expanded to nine strategic dealership locations in Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud, Roseville, Burnsville, Duluth, East Bethel and Monticello Minnesota, and Eau Claire Wisconsin. Many Nuss staff members have over 25 years of experience providing highest level customer care and experience.
Nuss Truck & Equipment offers a very competitive benefits package. We offer medical insurance, generous monthly HSA contribution, dental insurance, matching 401k, voluntary life insurance, tuition reimbursement program, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and direct deposit. We will match your current vacation/PTO hours if you join our team!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Nuss Truck & Equipment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Job Start Date Friday, September 1, 2023
- Rochester, MN, USA