Main Office Administrative Assistant
Archbishop John Carroll High School
211 Matson Ford Road
Radnor, Pa. 19087
Archbishop John Carroll High School, a co-educational secondary school within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, is committed to excellence in the areas of spiritual, academic, and social development. By guiding our students in the development of their goals within the context of a meaningful relationship with God, others, and self, we challenge them to responsible stewardship in the world. With Christ as our model, the school accomplishes this challenge through the dedication of a professional staff who educate their students by implementing innovative and competitive methodologies to prepare the twenty-first century learner for the ever-changing world.
This position is the de facto face and heart of the school. It is often the first interaction one has with Carroll, whether it is by telephone or in person. This position requires the ability to interact effectively and appropriately with administrators, archdiocesan partners, parents, students, general public, trade, etc. in a professional, proficient manner. Due to the varied nature of responsibilities, must have the ability to prioritize and organize job responsibilities for maximum effectiveness. As the priorities and challenges differ each day, one must be self- motivated, possess strong time management skills and possess the ability to work independently and perform job duties with minimal supervision.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Main Office Reception:
• Interacts with faculty, staff, parents and students to address needs on a daily basis
• Answers main telephone console and directs calls accordingly; maintains voice-mail structure
• Answers and records attendance calls, emails, etc.
• Publishes multiple daily attendance updates
• Processes late students and early dismissal requests
• Calls parents of unaccounted absent students
• Posts demerits and creates detention assignments
• Completes attendance and discipline logs quarterly and for end-of-year reporting
• Coordinates bus/public school transportation schedules
• Coordinates all transportation needs for clubs and activities
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong writing, oral and interpersonal skills
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is preferred
• Knowledge of PowerSchool is a plus
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Ability to attend school functions outside of standard business hours including some evening and weekends
• Must be responsible, dependable, and adhere to strict confidentiality policies
Duties are representative and not limited to those stated above
This position is full-time, 12-month position
Please forward cover letter and resume to Cathy O’Keefe Executive Assistant to the President, Archbishop John Carroll High School 211 Matsonford Road, Radnor, PA 19087 or email@example.com
The deadline for application is December 8, 2022.
Interviews will be granted to the most qualified applicants.
PA required clearances and Safe Environment Certification and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
As a religious organization, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia is also bound by Canon Law and Catholic teachings. For this reason, there may be occasions when an employee’s failure to adhere to the truths of the Catholic faith are a factor in employment-related decisions. In the event an employee fails to adhere to, or takes a position publicly that is contrary to, Catholic doctrine and teachings, or any policy or procedure maintained by the Archdiocese, the employee may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Employment practices will not be influenced by an individual’s legally protected status or any other basis as may be required by local, state and/or federal law as those laws apply to the Archdiocese.
Any employee with questions or concerns about any type of discrimination in the workplace is encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of Human Resources. Employees can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Office of Catholic Education at 215-587-3700.