2024 Season - Orlando Pride Team Operations Associate
About Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
Reports to: Sr. Player Care & Admin Specialist / Asst. Equipment Manager
Term: Full 2024 Season
● Prep for training on a daily basis by distributing training gear into lockers, laundering training gear, and checking ball pressure
● Learn how to work with coaching staff to set up and take down drills during training, including assisting with setting up tables, tents, benches, field layouts, poles, and mannequins
● Maintain an organized and clean boot room by spraying with odor eliminating products, wiping down boots, and sweeping
● Assist in receiving shipments, inventory, and organization
● Gain experience in prepping for home and away matches, including packing and unpacking and locker room set up/break-down
● Learn how to heat press and help equipment managers press team gear
● Assist with building goals, shelving units, and replacing nets, as needed
● Gain an understanding of team administrative and operational tasks including team travel, team logistics, and player support.
● Acquire skills in special assignments such as accounting, scheduling, data collection and entry, printing, or shipping
● Assist with financial tracking and reconciliation
● Assist staff in other departments with various administrative and operational tasks as needed
● Other duties and projects as assigned
- Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in sports business, management, or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Maintaining highest level of professionalism and confidentiality within a pro-team environment is required.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability.
- Possess a positive, engaging, and professional personality.
- Strong understanding and passion for the sport of soccer is preferred.
- Ability to work nontraditional hours in nontraditional settings, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Willingness to abide by strict team wide COVID guidelines at work and in their everyday life.
- Job Family Associate
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Intern
- Orlando, FL 32805, USA