As the Golf Landscaper/Greenskeeper at Washington National Golf Club (under the supervision of the golf course superintendent, assistant superintendent, or foreman) you will perform routine manual labor involved in and/or related to golf course maintenance (performing semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work). You will also operate small hand powered equipment and occasionally perform work involving larger equipment/machines (tractors, fairway units, triplex mowers, walking mowers, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to operate equipment safely and properly including:
- String trimmers
- Backpack blowers
- Maintain bunkers, ball washers, fuel and fluid levels of equipment required to perform job duties, and related supplies.
- Return all equipment to the designated location in the maintenance facility
- Promptly report any equipment issues.
- Assist in project work including, but not limited to:
- Construction of greens, tees, and fairways
- Prepare soil base
- Lay sod
- Seed tees, greens, and fairways
- Safely and properly operate trucks and light motorized equipment.
- Maintain effective communication with the guests and fellow team members.
- Initiate contact with guests within 15 feet, with a sincere welcome and the willingness to assist the guest. At the conclusion of the guest’s visit, offer a genuine thank you and invitation to return.
- Always yield to the guest.
- Ensure a safe work environment by following all safety rules and wearing appropriate safety equipment including safety helmets, ear protection, and non-skid shoes.
- Complete required job duties in the most efficient, productive manner ensuring a well-groomed golf course.
- Assist in maintaining a clean environment including picking up trash in visible areas and eliminating clutter.
- Dressed in uniform at the start of each shift.
- Uphold a reliable and responsible work ethic with the ability to follow directions both verbal and written.
- Maintaining focus on the job at hand with a sense of ownership in quality of job performance.
- Able to work weekends and holidays, mornings, and evenings as business demands.
- Perform other duties as directed by your supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Washington State Driver’s license, required.
- Experience in turf maintenance or related field, preferred.
- Ability to follow company policy/procedures and guidelines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis.
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts (and associated noise levels related to) and outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
- Golf benefits for free play, guest passes and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
- 50% discount on shift meals
- 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
- Flexible work environment
- 401K with company match
- Paid sick time
- participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week):
- Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
- FSA options
- Company paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
Visit okigolf.com/careers/ to view more information about Oki Golf's history, company culture, and commitment to diversity.
Washington National Golf Club
Designed by award-winning architect John Fought, Washington National Golf Club is the proud home to the University of Washington’s Men’s and Women’s golf teams. The focus of the Home of the Huskies is the golf experience and the world-class course, comprehensive practice facility, and exceptional service make Washington National a popular destination for tournaments, group outings, and recreational golfers. The golf club offers a wide variety of options for job seekers including golf, restaurant, banquet, turf, and administrative positions.
- Job Family Turf
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate $21.00
- 14330 SE Husky Way, Auburn, WA 98092, USA